• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2015 Baseball

Sac State sweeps a double header against northern Colorado today on campus and moves up the WAC standings. Sweet. Think this makes 6 wins in a row!!! Keep it going Hornets

Hornets sweep UNC and have now won 7 straight. Hornets face the WAC leading GCU in the final series this weekend before heading to the WACT in Arizona.

Sat G1: Lukes set the Hornet career hits record in the 9-3 win.
Sat G2: Nichols and Long dominate UNC as the Hornets roll 7-1.
Sun: Dillon gets a win and Burcham ties the old hits record in the 9-3 win.

Hornets beat first place Grand Canyon today at home for 8 straight wins in a row and the 30th win of the season Nice that the Hornets are catching fire at the end of the conference season heading into the WAC tourney.

keep rolling Sacramento State.

josephpoint said:
Hornets beat first place Grand Canyon today at home for 8 straight wins in a row and the 30th win of the season Nice that the Hornets are catching fire at the end of the conference season heading into the WAC tourney.

keep rolling Sacramento State.

There's one for the Department of the Redundancy Department.

:D

Seriously, though, it's good to see the Hornets playing so well during crunch time....

I agree, this team is hot right now and it couldn't have happened at a better time. Hornets need to keep this up.

Solid win. A Burcham 2 run HR and a Esposito solo HR in the 8th followed by another McLoughlin save got us the 5-2 win. The win also marks 4 straight seasons on 30+ wins. :clap:

Bako choked and lost but Seattle won. I expected both teams to sweep this weekend as both teams play weaker teams (Chi State and UNC). We can do no worse than the 3 seed, but can earn a bye (or even the WAC regular season title) if more games break our way.

Fri: An error eventually leads to a GCU run in the 8th, and eventual Hornet 4-2 loss in 11 innings.
Sat: GCU scores some late runs to pull away and the Hornets only score 3 on 11 hits in the 6-3 loss.

Hornets will face UVU in the first round of the WACT on Wednesday. Hornets have been swinging the bats well, they will have a chance to make noise in the WACT if that holds up. I'll miss all of the tournament action so I hope to come back to some good news next week.

Hornets fall to UVU today in the WAC tourney.

The offense is now challenged with the task of coming up to the plate and hitting the ball. And hitting it game after game as there is now no more room for a loss.

This Sac State team can do it and believe they can get it done!!!

Hornet Pride!!

Hornets win 3 straight and in the process eliminate Northern Colorado, Utah Valley and North Dakota. Face Bakersfield at 3 p.m. tomorrow and if Sac State prevails they will play Seattle at 7 p.m. And if a Hornet sweep happens tomorrow, Sac State and Seattle would play for the tourney title on Sunday.

Think I have this right but correct away if needed.

Go Hornets.

Hornets fall to BAKO

Congrats on another winning season for the Sac State baseball team.

Sports at 6,000 J Street are now done for the 2014-15 year accept for perhaps some track stars.

on to football in Sept!!!

GO hornets!!

I was hoping to come back from vacay to another Hornet WAC title, but pretty damn good season regardless.

Game 1: 3-2 loss to UVU in 10.
Game 2: 5-0 win over UNC.
Game 3: 9-3 win over UVU
Game 4: 10-2 win over UND
Game 5: 4-0 loss to Bako.

Bako won the final against Seattle and will represent the WAC in the NCAA Regionals.

Hornets finish 33-27 (16-11 WAC) on the year. Pretty good season, they let a few winnable games get away from them but this team sure finished the regular season strong and had a solid effort in the WACT.
:clap:

Wow , how bout that for Bako. A Cal State team going to the NCAA tourney. Nice. Probably a first for them. Way to represent Bako. Good to see the CA teams in the WAC doing well.

And indeed the Hornets had a good season and lots to look forward to next year.

And hope by this time next year the baseball stadium has lights? Think Gonzo got this project done for the school as he retires in 34 days.

Latest posts

Back