• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2022 Football Schedule

Brian

Staff member
Looks like we have a pretty favorable schedule this year as it relates to travel.
Of the first 4 games, only one of them will require an airplane trip.
A bye week before a long trip to Portland as well (would it be better to have the bye week after). Either way, no excuses on the travel/schedule front.

September 3, 2022 (Saturday) Home Houston Baptist Greeley, Colo. / Nottingham Field
September 10, 2022 (Saturday) Away Wyoming Laramie, Wyo.
September 17, 2022 (Saturday) Away Lamar Beaumont, Texas
September 24, 2022 (Saturday) Home Idaho State Greeley, Colo. / Nottingham Field
October 1, 2022 (Saturday) Away Idaho Moscow, Idaho
October 8, 2022 (Saturday) Away Sacramento State Sacramento, Calif.
October 15, 2022 (Saturday) Home Montana State Greeley, Colo. / Nottingham Field
October 22, 2022 (Saturday) Home UC Davis Greeley, Colo. / Nottingham Field
November 5, 2022 (Saturday) Away Portland State Portland, Ore.
November 12, 2022 (Saturday) Home Northern Arizona Greeley, Colo. / Nottingham Field
November 19, 2022 (Saturday) Away Eastern Washington Cheney, Wash.

2022 Outlook https://www.college-sports-journal.com/2022-big-big-sky-football-conference-preview/

27 players added through the signing periods
Added several new coaching positions including Defensive Line Coach and former standout Eddie Gonzales III
Added a new weight room facility that is fully donor funded
3* Transfers: RB Jordan Hornbeak 5-11 200 from Fresno State
QB Jacob Sirmon 6-5 230 from Central Michigan
TE Kyle Helbig 6-3 250 from Colorado State
TE Alec Pell 6-4 235 from Colorado
Impact Recruit: 2* Kicker Hunter Green 6-4 195
Projected Outcome: 5-6 (3-5)

Northern Colorado has a lot to prove this season as 2021 was a cesspool of drama, disappointment, and dysfunction. Over the off-season hopefully the cleaning house of over 30 players will reset the culture and expectations throughout the locker room. There is a lot of talent on the Northern Colorado roster, but the question is can the McCaffrey family and friends find an effective role for each player. The Bears schedule is easier than the majority of the teams below them on the list and will need to earn every victory as 5-6 is a generous estimation, even as an alumni. If the Bears use all of their offensive talent well, stop throwing 1,000 screen passes a season, and rally the defense behind a young and talented David Hoage they could flirt with a .500 type season.

Da(UNC)Bears said:
2022 Outlook https://www.college-sports-journal.com/2022-big-big-sky-football-conference-preview/

27 players added through the signing periods
Added several new coaching positions including Defensive Line Coach and former standout Eddie Gonzales III
Added a new weight room facility that is fully donor funded
3* Transfers: RB Jordan Hornbeak 5-11 200 from Fresno State
QB Jacob Sirmon 6-5 230 from Central Michigan
TE Kyle Helbig 6-3 250 from Colorado State
TE Alec Pell 6-4 235 from Colorado
Impact Recruit: 2* Kicker Hunter Green 6-4 195
Projected Outcome: 5-6 (3-5)

Northern Colorado has a lot to prove this season as 2021 was a cesspool of drama, disappointment, and dysfunction. Over the off-season hopefully the cleaning house of over 30 players will reset the culture and expectations throughout the locker room. There is a lot of talent on the Northern Colorado roster, but the question is can the McCaffrey family and friends find an effective role for each player. The Bears schedule is easier than the majority of the teams below them on the list and will need to earn every victory as 5-6 is a generous estimation, even as an alumni. If the Bears use all of their offensive talent well, stop throwing 1,000 screen passes a season, and rally the defense behind a young and talented David Hoage they could flirt with a .500 type season.

Nice find. Ben really captured last season: "... 2021 was a cesspool of drama, disappointment, and dysfunction" and a shot at the nepotism with this one "can the McCaffrey family and friends."

This schedule is much more favorable than last season's. That was murders row. I like our defense, but offense will struggle and the fact that we have Max calling plays tempers my expectations greatly. I hope the kid learned a lot over the off-season, but he's in way over his head. Again, I hope he proves me wrong.

Blofeld said:
Why would a legit QB transfer here, though?

Well, you could point to Sloter to bring hope to show it's possible to get a shot out of UNC. Granted, we wasted him at UNC and that was before the Eddie Mac nepotism show.

Brian said:
Blofeld said:

Well, you could point to Sloter to bring hope to show it's possible to get a shot out of UNC. Granted, we wasted him at UNC and that was before the Eddie Mac nepotism show.

The Bears went 6-5 during Sloter’s last season at UNC and they barely missed out on the playoffs. I wouldn’t say we wasted his time here. We just couldn’t afford to keep the really good assistants that helped the rebuild and it’s gone downhill ever since (again).

Beardown said:
Brian said:
Blofeld said:

The Bears went 6-5 during Sloter’s last season at UNC and they barely missed out on the playoffs. I wouldn’t say we wasted his time here. We just couldn’t afford to keep the really good assistants that helped the rebuild and it’s gone downhill ever since (again).

Fair point and good memory. I honestly didn't remember that we had a winning season so recently.

Sloter only played because of injury and desperation... the staff at the time though Knipp was better... so that kind of proves my point, you could be the second coming of a college version of RG3 and they will always play the coach's son so it won't matter...

Latest posts

Back