• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

A win with a potential loss

ole'ballcoach

I attended the game last night versus Western Colorado. Good start! But, everyone knows going in, that the Bengals should win this game against a weaker opponent. My question is why wouldn't the Coach get more players into the game?

A game like this, is a opportunity to see more players play under the big lights and possibly get them game time experience that may be needed later on in the season.

For example, the receiver group has about 11 or 12 players, but only 3 receivers played the whole game, with 1 player subbing in due to a equipment failure or something like that. I do understand about freshman and possibly sophomores waiting their turn, but the juniors and seniors should of been allowed to see the field, in a game like this. If these players are not good enough to be on the squad, be honest with them and let them go. Tell them they are never seeing the field and let them decide if they want to continue. Communicate and be honest, these are impressionable young men!

All these players worked all during the off season for this game, A game that everyone should had been able to see the field. But, instead of having a full team excited about the win and going into week 2. You now have half of your team disappointed and bitter. The coaches may not care or be concerned, but you now have young men headed back to their apartments or dorms disappointed and mentally checked out and not excited about the year any longer. Why create this atmosphere? What was gained by yesterdays decisions and what was loss?

Another concern is.....why would you even keep your starters in all game? These guys are the guys you look to depend on for the rest of the season. Especially in games that count. ISU has had its share of injuries over the last few years. Why put these players in this position when the game is clearly won.

There was an opportunity here to go into week 2 with a whole team excited about the future. But now you have half the team with 1 foot out the door or mentally checked .

I guarantee the coaches lost 100 percent buy-in at this point.

Remember A Happy Team is a Championship Team....

Hopefully they can get this back!

I agree. In games where teams have big leads or teams that are losing by a lot of points it is time to bring in backup players so they gain experience in games. Play the backups to build for the future.

Latest posts

Back