• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Back up plan

coastal bengal

Coach Evans said there would be plan B if Legardy didn't sign with ISU. Classes start next week and Legardy signed with CSI. Who or what is plan B?

They used their last scholarship on a F from Wasatch Academy, Geno Luzcando’s school. Definitely a developmental project. So what you see as far as next year’s depth chart is what you get.

Project indeed at 3.5 ppg and 1 rpg. Maybe a Novak type late bloomer :roll:

Wasatch Academy

Matthew Bradley, boys basketball (California)

Matija Ilic, boys basketball (Idaho State)

Emanuely De Oliveira, girls basketball (Florida)

Bryan Penn-Johnson, boys basketball (Washington)

Damion Squire, boys basketball (UC Davis, Calif.)

He started at center over Washington signee Penn-Johnson who averaged 2 ppg and 0.5 rpg. Good get in my opinion. Time will tell.

bengalman said:
He started at center over Washington signee Penn-Johnson who averaged 2 ppg and 0.5 rpg. Good get in my opinion. Time will tell.

No offense intended but I would prefer the 4 star recruit Bryan Penn-Johnson who was rated the 14th best center in his class and was recruited by Arizona, Cal, Florida State, LSU, Oregon, UNLV, San Diego State, SUU, TCU, Tulane, UCLA, USC, Utah and West Virginia...I think those schools know a bit about talent....Your guy looks good but don't go overboard....

This board is becoming vicious, let’s all take a step back and just enjoy talking about Bengal Basketball (Sports). Who knows a parent or coach or even a player that’s being mention may stumble in here one day and get offended. After all it’s just college sports ( A GAME).

sacstateman said:
bengalman said:

No offense intended but I would prefer the 4 star recruit Bryan Penn-Johnson who was rated the 14th best center in his class and was recruited by Arizona, Cal, Florida State, LSU, Oregon, UNLV, San Diego State, SUU, TCU, Tulane, UCLA, USC, Utah and West Virginia...I think those schools know a bit about talent....Your guy looks good but don't go overboard....

I completely agree. Would obviously rather have Penn-Johnson. Really just was pointing out that Wasatch academy is a different animal. Penn—Johnson is a 4 star recruit that averaged 2 ppg. Shouldn’t get caught up in the numbers in this situation IMO. Averaging 3.5 at Wasatch isn’t like averaging 3.5 at Poky high.

I feel sorry for the kid from Wasatch. Every other ISU recruit gets an announcement on the Athletics home page of their signing. This player gets zippo. You have to find out about him on the fan forum. It's like Evans was too embarrassed to even say who got the final scholarship. I'll be glad when this coach is gone and the Bengals can look for someone who can bring us much more success

Brad help me out here. I think I may be right but I may be wrong. Is it because the kid committed after the signing period? If he someone commits late, is the commitment still binding? Or can they still be recruited by other schools? Is that why the university does not announce? May be way off—but I believe that I use to have a grasp on this.

bengalcub said:
Brad help me out here. I think I may be right but I may be wrong. Is it because the kid committed after the signing period? If he someone commits late, is the commitment still binding? Or can they still be recruited by other schools? Is that why the university does not announce? May be way off—but I believe that I use to have a grasp on this.

Players who sign after the LOI period sign scholarship agreements which bind the school but not the player, until the player attends the first day of class.

No back up plan for legardy true. But imo a guy from Wasatch should create a bit of excitement amongst us fans. Remember the last one wasn’t too bad!! and it seems they have even improved. I like the sign based on that merit. Hope I’m right.

Latest posts

Back