• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Big Sky Conference Spring Meetings

SLCBengal

The Big Sky will hold its spring meetings this week, and the focus will be how to cut costs.

The proposal to trim the basketball tournaments - and all other Big Sky championships that currently take six teams - is one of nearly a dozen that will be considered by athletic directors, their assistants, faculty representatives and school presidents during the meetings.

Other items to be discussed include:

Permanently moving the indoor track and field championships to Idaho State. The meet currently rotates between ISU, Northern Arizona and Montana State. ISU's location in Pocatello is a more central site.

Regarding basketball:

One of Fullerton's recent initiatives designed to improve the quality of nonconference basketball schedules has already been rescinded. That rule basically required each school to either finish in the top 160 in RPI (a system used to determine the relative strength of every team in Division I), or have their nonconference opponents' RPI average 160 or better. If the school couldn't manage either, it would face a $10,000 fine.

“They got one on me,” said Fullerton, who admitted to disappointment at seeing that rule rescinded. “I think it was making some headway.”

Missoulian: Big Sky Looks For Ways to Cust Costs

Latest posts

Back