• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Boo Boo transferring?

bigskyconf

One of my reliable sources has informed me that Holland Woods has entered the transfer portal. I can't find any information on it, however. Anyone know anything?

Let me see if this comes out fine.

https://twitter.com/TheGreatBoodini/status/1245873880213807104

Something about the school, coaches and teammates, then he closes with this. "With that being said I will be putting my name in the transfer portal. I am not ruling out finishing what I started at Portland State, but I truly believe that it is in my best interest to weigh out my options that will help me reach the next chapter of my life..."

He'd entertained 2019 nba draft interest, so him wanting to find somewhere with the most exposure doesn't surprise me.

Sorry to see Boo Boo leave the program. I do wish him the best of luck to whatever decision he makes for next season. It will be interesting to see who will be replace Woods as starting PG for the Viks. The most likely candidates would be (RS) FR Jaden Nielsen-Skinner and then there's true FR Paris Dawson. Who knows, maybe Coach Peery will recruit a transfer with more experience before it's all said and done. Go Viks!!!

Portland State PG transfer Holland Woods down to five

https://247sports.com/Article/Arizona-State-Gonzaga-New-Mexico-Oregon-State-Portland-State-basketball-recruiting-Holland-Woods-transfer-145741601/

One of the top available point guard transfers has narrowed his list down to five.
Holland Woods, a 6-foot-1, 180-pound point guard from Portland State, told 247Sports on Sunday that he has cut his list to Arizona State, Gonzaga, New Mexico, Oregon State and Portland State.
Woods, who averaged 17.7 points and 5.2 assists as a junior, has not graduated so he will need a waiver in order to play right away and if denied he will sit out next season.

The plan is to sort through his list a little further before making a decision.

“They've all have showed a tremendous amount of support in allowing me to take my time making this life-altering decision,” Woods said.
“They all offer amazing opportunities for me to reach my full potential on and off the court. I don’t know where that will be, but they are all unique in their own ways and have something very special going on.”
Woods was originally a 2017 prospect out of Glendale (Ariz.) Apollo. He was first-team All Big Sky as a junior in 2019-20.

Tristan Freeman of BustinBrackets.com analyzed possible destinations for Boo Boo Woods. He also noted that, without the waiver from the NCAA, he would not be able to play until the 2021-22 season unless he comes back to the Viks.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/04/06/ncaa-baskeball-recruiting-analyzing-finalists-transfer-holland-woods/

Freeman does makes some interesting points, but he does come to the conclusion that, if Boo Boo were to transfer out, Arizona State may be the best spot.

If Lillard can come out of Weber State as a No. 6 pick and go on to become a serious MVP candidate it disproves that going to a bigger school enhances yor chances. If you have talent you will be on scouts radar. If you have heart and determination you will find success. Let him take his talent to Tempe, don't think it will help much.

VikNut said:
If Lillard can come out of Weber State as a No. 6 pick and go on to become a serious MVP candidate it disproves that going to a bigger school enhances yor chances. If you have talent you will be on scouts radar. If you have heart and determination you will find success. Let him take his talent to Tempe, don't think it will help much.

Lillard-Weber
McCollum-Lehigh
Steph Curry-Davidson

Like what Speedy Claxson (Hofstra) said years ago, if you have the talent the scouts will find you.

There does seem to be a recent trend because of this virus, however, that kids are wanting to transfer closer to home. We've picked up a couple transfers ourselves from the metro area.

It all becomes moot if Boo Boo can't get the waiver from the NCAA to play right away.

College basketball’s best available transfers

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2020/04/09/college-basketball-best-transfers/

Holland Woods, Portland State

This first-team all-Big Sky performer is highly productive. The 6-foot-1 point guard averaged 30-plus minutes in all three seasons with the Vikings. Woods did plenty when he was on the floor. Averaging 17.7 points and 5.2 assists per game as a junior, Woods is a dynamic threat with the ball in his hands. Perimeter shooting is the big problem. Woods has never been over 30 percent in his career. But with over 1,300 points and 500 assists in his college career, Woods should be able to come in and help right away. Woods could return to Portland State but he’s also considering Arizona State, Gonzaga, Oregon State and New Mexico State.

Per ESPN, Woods heading to Arizona State.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29024496/portland-state-transfer-holland-woods-headed-arizona-state

Woods received the waiver but is unsure if he will redshirt or not. Two guards that ASU thought were declaring for the NBA are coming back, which may cut into playing time.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/asu/2020/08/19/asu-basketball-transfer-holland-woods-eligible-season/5613371002/

Maybe he should have stayed. The grass isn't always greener, you know.

Not too shabby for the first game for Woods.

20 mins off the bench, 11 points, 2 steals against Rhode Island.

Game on ESPN today at 6:30 pm against #3 Villanova.

Only 3 pts in his 2nd game, but Woods definitely can play at that level. It is a big adjustment from being "the man" at Portland State and now coming off the bench at Arizona State. Arizona Sate is very talented team, but need some work on playing team ball. Wish Holland the best!

Only 3 pts in his 2nd game, but Woods definitely can play at that level. It is a big adjustment from being "the man" at Portland State and now coming off the bench at Arizona State. Arizona Sate is very talented team, but need some work on playing team ball. Wish Holland the best!

forestgreen said:

I was surprised that he was the first guard off the bench, especially since the talk when he arrived there was that he was possibly going to redshirt this season. I did notice that Hurley had him doing some of the same things that he was doing here. Boo Boo was not intimidated at all, and Nova is ranked 3rd in the country. It will be interesting to see how he's doing later in the season.

Woods did eventually transfer to Grand Canyon. After last year at Arizona State, he is on the roster at GCU.

https://gculopes.com/news/2021/5/5/mens-basketball-woods-branches-experience-to-gcu.aspx

Latest posts

Back