• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Eagles XC has been a huge embarrassment

You can try and spread the blame around as much as you want but it all comes down to the coach. He recruited these guys, and whether fair or not is responsible for their performance. My freshman year if you skipped practices you didn't race. We never drank the week of races. Dan created an environment where you had to perform. I ran a few years under Chris. He created the attitude his runners have. Lettung them skip workouts, train on their own, and not do the extra work that made dans program successful.
If this were his first or second year I could see giving him a break, but it's not. Everything you just said about the team jungle is EXACTLY why he needs to go. His own athletes know they can get away with whatever they want. He has no control over this team and he has not demonstrated that he will be able to in the future.

A little in Chris' defense, Stan allows this garbage to happen because he doesn't care about distance. So that is a factor as well. But in any other collegiate sport, if your team fails to perform you lose your job, this team shouldn't be any different.

Hey Stat man,

Let's take a look,

Apparently there are two guys now on EWU's team? and one unattached not even listed on the roster? So not on the team I guess? Just some random guy at EWU? Probably good cause that time isn't D1 anywhere else in the country. Too bad I bet if they had a good coach they'd probably be 10-20 seconds faster in a 1500m! It's not their fault. It is their fault if they don't speak up though.

And the women? Need I say more, the 800m times are what girls run for 10k's.

Point is Chris Zeller sucks! and I agree with Cheney Local that Stan deserves some of the blame, but if Zeller can keep his job doing a half-ass super crappy job, why would he quit?

I Feel sooo sorry for the unfortunate student-athletes on this team that are stuck with this crappy system. I'm still not blaming them for these unbelievably bad times. PLEASE SAY SOMETHING TO THE AD!

EWU HOME MEET
800m
1 Quin Olivas SO Eastern Wash 1:58.84
2 Benard Ngeno JR Northwest Na 1:59.17
3 Justin Webb JR Northwest Na 1:59.19
4 Jacob Hollander FR Northwest Na 2:01.79

1500m
1 Taylor Peliska SO Carroll 4:05.76
2 Ben Vaughan FR Carroll 4:07.87
3 Jesse Baggenstos JR Northwest Na 4:08.77
4 J.T. Mellgren SO Una./Bald Eagles 4:11.97
5 Nathan Fall FR Eastern Wash 4:17.24
6 Matthew Ferris FR Whitworth 4:21.47

Womens 3k Steeple
1 Hailey Bradshaw FR Northwest Na 12:11.13
2 Jessi Johnson JR Eastern Wash 13:24.47

Womens 800m
1 Katie Mahoney Unattached 2:22.52
2 Katherine Bravo-Flores FR Eastern Wash 2:28.58
3 Brittney Swanson FR Eastern Wash 2:37.01
4 Danielle Grams JR Eastern Wash 2:39.16

This meet used to have a solid 5k and women's 1500, but apparently the distance team is really focusing on doing nothing.

Jungle, in an earlier post you stated that Boersma, Thor and potentially Kimsey are coming to Eastern next year. I'm familiar with Boersma and Kimsey, but who is Thor? Have they committed to Eastern, if they have it should certainly should help the xcountry and distance running programs.

6 Years of redshirting people just to have them transfer, get injured and never perform. Please don't use that as an excuse again, All I have to say is, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

http://www.wsucougars.com/sports/c-xc/stats/090112aab.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Team Scores
=================================================================================
Rank Team Total 1 2 3 4 5 *6 *7 *8 *9
=================================================================================
1 Washington St. 28 1 2 3 10 12
Total Time: 1:33:49.20
Average: 18:45.84
2 Gonzaga 30 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Total Time: 1:34:20.10
Average: 18:52.02
3 Idaho 87 14 15 17 20 21 23 24
Total Time: 1:39:50.50
Average: 19:58.10
4 Whitworth University 100 16 18 19 22 25 26 27
Total Time: 1:41:18.00
Average: 20:15.60
5 Eastern Washington 131 13 28 29 30 31
Total Time: 1:59:24.30
Average: 23:52.86

I don't even know what to say when the guys get 13th, and then the last four placing spots! And only have 5 guys on a team, and 2 of them are sprinters? You have got to be kidding me? What are sprinters doing running XC? That has never happened on any XC teams in the country until Chris Zeller came along. And before that crappy coach came EWU never lost to Idaho, Whitworth or Gonzaga.

Latest posts

Back