• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Soccer Countdown 11 - Beseris

soccerfanatic

Christina Beseris

Christina Beseris is the only home-grown player on the ISU team. AnnaMarie Hofstetter from Boise is the only other Idaho player on a team dominated by Utah (10) and California (6) players. A 2006 Highland High grad, in addition to being a talented soccer player, Beseris was Student Body President and graduated with a 4.0 GPA.

Although Beseris has not received a lot of playing time over her first two years, her dedication and determination may begin to pay dividends this year. Beseris played some inspired soccer in the spring and showed that she had the talent to be successful at the college level. As a defensive wing, she not only did a great job of stopping offensive runs, but she also made some aggressive drives to move the ball up into scoring position.

For those of us who had not previously had the opportunity to see her demonstrate her skills, it was a surprise to see the contribution Beseris was able to make. That is not true of her teammates who were already familiar with her abilities. After a brief indoor tournament at BYU, I remarked: “I felt one of the surprise performances came from Christina Beseris (who did not play much in the regular season.) She looked particularly strong on defense and made some nice runs.” In response, one of her ex-teammates simply replied, “I am glad to hear Beseris stepped up...I knew she could.” Christina has paid her dues for the team and may earn significant playing time this season.

Latest posts

Back