• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Soccer to get new coach

votb

Idaho State Announces Soccer Coaching Change

POCATELLO—Idaho State University Head Women’s Soccer Coach Allison Gibson’s contract will not be renewed after it expires in January. Interim Director of Athletics Pauline Thiros made the announcement on Monday morning to players and department staff.

Gibson has been the head coach at Idaho State for the past 13 seasons and tallied an 82-137-22 record.

“I appreciate Coach Gibson’s dedication to Idaho State Soccer and recognize that she has been the architect of some proud history,” Thiros said. “It has become clear to me at this point, however, that a change is needed in order to restore ISU’s position as a consistent Big Sky Conference contender.”

Idaho State concluded the 2018 season with a 2-14 record and a 1-8 mark in Big Sky Conference play.

Gibson won the Big Sky Conference Championship in 2006 and 2012, and her teams were runners-up in 2009 and 2014. Three times, in 2006, 2009 and 2012, she was named Big Sky Coach of the Year. Gibson’s teams have produced 142 Big Sky All-Academic honorees.

On the field, she coached 27 first and second-team all-league selections and 30 players who earned honorable mention all-conference.

Gibson came to Idaho State after five years as the top assistant at the University of San Francisco.

A national search will begin immediately to hire a new head coach.

....I like that Pauline is not waiting for a new A. D. to be named to improve ISU and that she is not just treating her position as simply a "care taker"....We need to constantly be seeking to improve EVERY sport ....but it's especially sad where we used to dominate.....I would also like to suggest another sport needs looking at intently......where "diamonds are a girl's best friend".........this move may just put every coach on notice.....and I do not see that as a bad thing.....nice move Pauline.... :thumb:

Pauline is a nice lady and all. But I'd much rather see a guy like Joe Borich get the AD job than I would see her get it. Joe's a true leader, he's a real people person, and has proven his salesmanship abilities over and over again. And he loves this university.

I'm glad ISU isn't doing the same thing over and over, like handing the keys to the next "guy" already in the office, but expecting a different result.

I'm glad ISU is conducting a national search. Time to step up and act like an NCAA Division I University. If either Pauline or Joe is the best qualified of all the applicants - did Joe even apply? - then hire her/him and keep building onward and upward.

Go Bengals!

Latest posts

Back