• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Tribune article on transfers...

Beardown

There's a really good article in the Greeley Tribune yesterday about outgoing transfers. It sort of goes through things already mentioned on this board.

Mentioned in the article (link below)

- Players feel slighted about the nepotism in the program. Would Max really pull his brother during a game in which he is struggling? (he struggled A LOT this season)
- Favoritism
- Secrecy
- Inconsistent Covid 19 policies
- UNC has 10 leaving (maybe more later), but CU and CSU have maybe doable the amount, as I think it mentions CSU has around 20 because of the coaching change.
- Interesting quotes from coach Ed, especially about his "open door" policy. This is something that I have heard from those close to the program that does NOT indeed exist. He's pretty distant and is really only a figure-head. He probably doesn't know more than half the kids names or positions.

Here's the link...https://www.greeleytribune.com/2022/01/21/northern-colorado-football-transfers-2021-roster/

Beardown said:
There's a really good article in the Greeley Tribune yesterday about outgoing transfers. It sort of goes through things already mentioned on this board.

- Players feel slighted about the nepotism in the program. Would Max really pull his brother during a game in which he is struggling? (he struggled A LOT this season)
- Favoritism
- Secrecy
- UNC has 10 leaving (maybe more later), but CU and CSU have maybe doable the amount, as I think it mentions CSU has around 20 because of the coaching change.
- Interesting quotes from coach Ed, especially about his "open door" policy. This is something that I have heard from those close to the program that does NOT indeed exist. He's pretty distant and is really only a figure-head. He probably doesn't know more than half the kids names or positions.

Here's the link...https://www.greeleytribune.com/2022/01/21/northern-colorado-football-transfers-2021-roster/

Thanks for sharing. Amazed that it wasn't behind a paywall. Not surprising but I am glad the Trib is finally starting to call this out. I almost would not mind a "figurehead" type coach for recruiting as long as he had great assistants to run the day to day and keep the team going in the right direction. I kind imagine that was the Joe Glenn/Kay Dalton relationship but that may be underselling Joe Glenn. I am pretty impressed with the Coach Collins' kids that are leaving in that they seem to be more PR savvy than a lot of students of their age (not spouting off or anything).

Brian said:
Beardown said:

- Favoritism
- Secrecy

Thanks for sharing. Amazed that it wasn't behind a paywall. Not surprising but I am glad the Trib is finally starting to call this out. I almost would not mind a "figurehead" type coach for recruiting as long as he had great assistants to run the day to day and keep the team going in the right direction. I kind imagine that was the Joe Glenn/Kay Dalton relationship but that may be underselling Joe Glenn. I am pretty impressed with the Coach Collins' kids that are leaving in that they seem to be more PR savvy than a lot of students of their age (not spouting off or anything).

I don't mind the figure head either, but I don't like what I hear about his time commit to the program. I'm not sure how many hours he's spending in Greeley. I know he bought a house near campus, but still has the house in Denver, which of course isn't wrong but I don't think he has the open-door policy as much as he says.

Yeah, it's clear he isn't as invested in the program and more importantly the players than he needs to be. One thing, if he actually wants to be a head coach in college football (beyond just seeing his kid qb through school), he is going to have to re-commit and get a job done at UNC. This "big man on campus" attitude he seems to have will just see him back on the high school sidelines.

It's hard to saw what would have happened during Collins first year if there were a transfer portal. It happens, it's not a good things, but it happens.

Bears fans can just turn their attention to the successful teams we have, like wrestling and men's hoops. Coach Smiley has a good team that has a solid chance at winning the conference tourney.

Football seems like a total disaster, but what else is new.

He might make it through next season but this guy won't be around beyond that... they will orchestrate some extravagant resignation and then we'll be back to square one... my prediction...

Blofeld said:
He might make it through next season but this guy won't be around beyond that... they will orchestrate some extravagant resignation and then we'll be back to square one... my prediction...

That's my guess too. He will get maybe a 5 win season, but he will also realize a D1, FCS, Big Sky coaching job is much more than a "hobby" as many are claiming he's doing. I'm no expert on coaching football, but it doesn't take one to realize the commitment it takes. The players obviously see right through it. He can go back to selling mustard and broadcasting. He had a nice NFL career and deserves a relaxing retirement.

Last I saw there are now 28 or 29 transfers in the portal. That's the most in the FCS, I believe. What the hell is going through Dunn's mind right now? Does HE even care?

My dream would be to have coach Ed quit or fired and bring in English NOW! The people I talk to would run though a brick wall for that man, and he's a Bear. Coach Ed probably needs directions to campus every week when he actually makes it for a practice. Daren Dunn...if you read this board, stop the bleeding!!!!

Latest posts

Back