• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

UNC in the FBS record books

uncbearodactyl

Yesterday, Stephen F. Austin beat Warner 98-0.

"...the FBS record came when Wyoming destroyed Northern Colorado 103-0 on Nov.5, 1949. That also was the largest win in FBS history."

https://nypost.com/2022/09/25/stephen-a-austin-destroys-naia-school-warner-98-0/

Interesting. I assumed we were never part of the FBS/Division I in football, thinking we were part of the college division:
Before 1973, the NCAA's smaller schools were grouped together in the College Division. In 1973, the College Division split in two when the NCAA began using numeric designations for its competitions. The College Division members who wanted to offer athletic scholarships or compete against those who did became Division II, while those who chose not to offer athletic scholarships became Division III.
Looking at who we played that season (losing every game), I am surprised it was considered at the top level of college football:

1949 (0-8)
at Colorado Mines L, 0-12
at South Dakota State L, 13-40
Idaho State L, 19-41
Colorado College L, 13-39
at Western State L, 26-34
at Marquette L, 13-68
N 5 Wyoming L, 0-103
Western State L, 7-27

Latest posts

Back