• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

what is the talk of mergers with U of O

freja

I read somewhere on this site about discussions of mergers of some sort with U of O...what would this mean for PSU??
Certainly atheletics would disappear as there wouldn't be a Pac-11!! and I can't foresee the financial support or numbers support for 2 athletics programs within the UO system (a la UC system). wish I could find the thread....

There is no real talk of merging with UO or creating a UO system like the UC system. There has been actual discussion at the legislative level about merging PSU and OHSU. This is likely to not happen for a long time, if ever, but the brief blips you hear about being named UO-Portland are just people reacting on message boards with ideas or counterproposals to the OHSU deal.

oh thanks for clarifying...is OHSU independent of the Oregon Public U system? I have no real knowledge of the facility or program...

Don't know whether this is common knowledge or not, but the schools likely to merge are Southern with UO and Eastern with OSU. PSU is not even being discussed. Also, the new business school project is on hold for the time being.

WiViking said:
Don't know whether this is common knowledge or not, but the schools likely to merge are Southern with UO and Eastern with OSU. PSU is not even being discussed. Also, the new business school project is on hold for the time being.

I would think those mergers make more sense. Where did you hear that?

Latest posts

Back