• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

YTD

Is this a successful year thus far? are you...?

• Disappointed

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Satisfied?

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clawman1

We are just over 1/3 through the 2023 season, excluding if there are any playoff games.
What do you think? Given the changes they have dealt with do you see the Eagles on a good course? As we all know coaches like consistency exactly the opposite of this season. Almost 1/2 new coaching staff, 24 transfers in, I'm not sure the total transferring out. Is 2-2 a fair expectation?
Successful?
Disappointment?

Still feel the pain from last year and wasn't sure what could possibly happen to make it better. Was hoping Visperas could be game changer and that Best would get busy in the portal and transfers(like everyone else is doing i.e. Idaho). So far so good.. key is Visperas to get better with help in play calling and staying healthy on D. Last three games has been end of the chair exciting and potential is there to get better and make playoffs. So hell yes satisfied and then some.

satisfaction-uhh.gif

So far so good. Regarless of this weekend's outcomes I think this team has the potential to win quite a few games. It would be nice to use this game as the springboard to build confidence and get it all started.

Record wise, 2-2 was where I'd HOPED to be, but still didn't expect it. With that said, the D has exceeded my expectations and the O has fallen a bit short. They've moved the ball well between the 20s and really stalled in the red zone.

Overall, I'm happy thus far. I believe this is a minimum 7-4 team if they play at the same or better level. Beat Idaho, I think there is an outside shot at 8-3, with still a couple tough games at home vs Weber and dare I say, at Portland State? I think at Bozeman will be the only remaining surety of a loss.

Atomic Eagle said:
While I am somewhat pleasantly surprised, I am definitely not satisfied. Get back to me after this weekend. :thumb:

Exactly my thoughts. 3-2 in September was the goal going into bye week. We’ve given ourselves a shot. I’m satisfied. Time to finish the job. And it won’t be easy.

eaglemachine said:
Won't be satisfied until we make another deep playoff run.

We should be 3-1 with another FBS upset, having said that the goal every season is:

Big Sky Champions
Make the playoffs
Win a playoff game
Make it to Frisco
Win a FCS National Championship

Right now all those goals are on the table so I’m a happy man. This conference is tough so every game will be fun to watch! Go EAGS!

ewueagle2010 said:
With that said, the D has exceeded my expectations and the O has fallen a bit short. They've moved the ball well between the 20s and really stalled in the red zone.

The offense has been good at times and really underwhelming at others. We don't seem to have a problem driving down the field but the play calling once we get into scoring position has been troubling to say the least.

Latest posts

Back