Spring Practices 2019 Thread

Eagles football Discussion
luckyintheorder

Spring Practices 2019 Thread

Post by luckyintheorder » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:14 pm

Let's get ready for Spring football analysis. Lots to learn about how all the coaching changes will impact things on the field, who's going to step up and replace all the seniors who graduated and the general team attitude about the upcoming season. I know I will be getting most of my information from GoEags, SR, those on field interviews and would love to hear from those who actually attend any practices... who stands out? physicality? positional excellence? etc... I am asking too much? :D

Expect Custer, EB3 and Boston to be leading on offense and the OL should be way ahead with returning 6th year starters. Mitchell Johnson and Keith Moore should take the DL to the next level and loving all the returning DB/Safety types who saw so much playing time last year... Criner, Hayes and Kedrick J showed out last season and there is a LOT of talent coming back -- Tre Weed, Gurley (if healthy), Prunty etc...

Posted schedule:
https://goeags.com/news/2019/3/8/footba ... agles.aspx
"Take Your Best Shot"

rontheoldwiseeagle2

Re: Spring Practices 2019 Thread

Post by rontheoldwiseeagle2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:26 am

Don't forget T Taylor (Left tackle) will be back after being out all season last year. This squad is the best Eagle team startling the season ever. and with the U of W starting all over on the defensive back field we have another fighting chance for next year. We will not be embarrass against the U of W.
Maybe the third time is a charm.

LDopaPDX

Post by LDopaPDX » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:53 pm

rontheoldwiseeagle2 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:26 am
Don't forget T Taylor (Left tackle) will be back after being out all season last year. This squad is the best Eagle team startling the season ever. and with the U of W starting all over on the defensive back field we have another fighting chance for next year. We will not be embarrass against the U of W.
Maybe the third time is a charm.
I agree. Assuming this team can stay healthy, the sky's the limit. On paper, we only have 10 returning starters. The reality is almost every guy coming back was an impact player in 2018 and featured heavily. I can't recall an offensive line ever looking so damn good coming into a season.

As for UW, they still scare the hell out of me. You know Coach Lake is wash, rinse, repeat and his kids will be as good as anyone in college football. I don't much like our chances in that one, but I hope we can hang around. I went to both the previous UW games in Husky Stadium, and we outplayed UW in each game. Unfortunately, turnovers killed us in both games. To hang in this one, Eastern will need a flawless game.
Achtung: Violenz

60s Savage

Post by 60s Savage » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:47 am

Husky Stadium 2014 my favorite Vernon Adams game, Eagles could have won, spotted UW too many points to start with, gut wrenching waits for Vernon to finally lob the little brown pig into the rear corner of the end zone for six, seesawing leads, then the heart breaking interception near the end. So proud of our Eagles! Kudos to the Alumni staff for thee outstanding UW pregame tailgater. Bring on the 2016 season.

luckyintheorder

Post by luckyintheorder » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:54 am

Lots of coaching changes this off season. Glad their in the fold for Spring and most have experience at the roles they are filling. Truly looking forward to seeing the team on the field get better this season.

OC Ian Shoemaker - former CWU HC Like the hire on paper. Runs a balanced offense. Expect a tougher minded offense out of Spring and Fall camps to build on the progress last season.

DC Eti Ena - EWU DL coach promoted. Thought the DL took a quantum leap last season. Honestly holding position would be great this year considering all the new moving parts but some of that is out of the coaches hands and depends solely on players staying healthy. Amazing run last year with so many starters out at the end of the season and playoffs.

WR Pat McCann - No. Iowa WR coach/UC Davis WR coach (anyone find it odd he left UC Davis with Doss on the field? Doss less productive without him. Looking forward to seeing our WR corps take off this season)

DB Allen Brown - former CP DB coach. Brown is an Eag who has experienced winning a Natty. Been recruiting Cali the last 4 years and should have an eye on CA talent as well as a winning attitude. He should be comfortable coaching for Best.

Safeties Bryan Mills - former analyst, first coaching gig. He has a LOT of talent to work with. Don't f*** it up. :D No pressure.
"Take Your Best Shot"

LDopaPDX

Post by LDopaPDX » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:37 pm

luckyintheorder wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:54 am
Lots of coaching changes this off season. Glad their in the fold for Spring and most have experience at the roles they are filling. Truly looking forward to seeing the team on the field get better this season.

OC Ian Shoemaker - former CWU HC Like the hire on paper. Runs a balanced offense. Expect a tougher minded offense out of Spring and Fall camps to build on the progress last season.

DC Eti Ena - EWU DL coach promoted. Thought the DL took a quantum leap last season. Honestly holding position would be great this year considering all the new moving parts but some of that is out of the coaches hands and depends solely on players staying healthy. Amazing run last year with so many starters out at the end of the season and playoffs.

WR Pat McCann - No. Iowa WR coach/UC Davis WR coach (anyone find it odd he left UC Davis with Doss on the field? Doss less productive without him. Looking forward to seeing our WR corps take off this season)

DB Allen Brown - former CP DB coach. Brown is an Eag who has experienced winning a Natty. Been recruiting Cali the last 4 years and should have an eye on CA talent as well as a winning attitude. He should be comfortable coaching for Best.

Safeties Bryan Mills - former analyst, first coaching gig. He has a LOT of talent to work with. Don't f*** it up. :D No pressure.
Not sure about McCann, but I think he left UC Davis when Hawkins took the gig. If that’s correct- my timeline may be wrong- it would probably have been an issue of Hawkins wanting his own guy in the position.
Achtung: Violenz

EWURanger

Post by EWURanger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:05 am

Yep, lots of coaching changes this year, but probably less impactful changes than we had heading into 2017.

luckyintheorder

Post by luckyintheorder » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:39 am

EWURanger wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:05 am
Yep, lots of coaching changes this year, but probably less impactful changes than we had heading into 2017.
Not looking for a 2017 repeat. ;-) With so many senior leaders leaving and coaching flux at so many positions time will tell. Based on the bit of research I did, pretty happy with the new crew and think they will keep things relatively stable. Granted, this is a hopeful view. Super excited to start hearing about Spring in a couple of weeks and seeing the new leaders rise to the challenge.
"Take Your Best Shot"

rontheoldwiseeagle2

Post by rontheoldwiseeagle2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Any word on the new motto for 2019 season??
YOU'RE GETTING OUR BEST SHOT
THE BEST IS ON ITS WAY
THE BEST HAS A WAY OF FINDING IT'S WAY TO EWU
COW COLLEGE IS TITS UP AGAIN??

luckyintheorder

Post by luckyintheorder » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:48 am

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:55 pm
THE BEST IS ON ITS WAY
Ride The Red Wave
Best of Breed
Triumph Factory
Back To Work
Inferno Rising
"Take Your Best Shot"

Obzerver

Post by Obzerver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:38 pm

EaglesOwntheSky

Post by EaglesOwntheSky » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:43 pm

luckyintheorder wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:48 am
THE BEST IS ON ITS WAY
Ride The Red Wave
Best of Breed
Triumph Factory
Back To Work
Inferno Rising
If they choose Eagles Own the Sky, I would be pretty giddy ;)

Obzerver

Post by Obzerver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Hey I do like that!! "If they choose Eagles Own the Sky, I would be pretty giddy"

*It's better than LDopaPDX

EaglesOwntheSky

Post by EaglesOwntheSky » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:59 pm

Obzerver wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:49 pm
Hey I do like that!! "If they choose Eagles Own the Sky, I would be pretty giddy"

*It's better than LDopaPDX
Glad you're on board :rofl:

luckyintheorder

Post by luckyintheorder » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:21 am

EaglesOwntheSky wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:43 pm
luckyintheorder wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:48 am
THE BEST IS ON ITS WAY
Ride The Red Wave
Best of Breed
Triumph Factory
Back To Work
Inferno Rising
If they choose Eagles Own the Sky, I would be pretty giddy ;)
:D

"Take Your Best Shot"

rontheoldwiseeagle2

Post by rontheoldwiseeagle2 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:02 pm

Theoldwiseeagle rides with the Best

60s Savage

Post by 60s Savage » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:15 pm

"EAGLES OWN THE SKY" is an apparent, though only current, statement of fact, but not a goal of reaching personal and team excellence like those great commitments in previous seasons like, "Finish Strong" and, "Leave No Doubt". I trust the team will select a great motto based on game preparation commitment not O F grandstand hopes. I hope Eagle Spring Football will receive the media coverage and blog comments that this team of 2019 destiny deserves.

EWURanger

Post by EWURanger » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:31 pm

When do spring practices officially begin?