We can win our remaining games

Eagles football Discussion
Jibjab68

The North Dakota game could be a big win depending on how they finish. I think MSU needs to be 7-5 and we need to dominate the final 3 games to finish 4-0 to get a look.
clawman

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
rickb2525

Season was over when we lost to Montana. After Idaho loss had to run the table and that might not have been enough.
GoldenEagle

rickb2525 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:39 pm
Season was over when we lost to Montana. After Idaho loss had to run the table and that might not have been enough.
Agreed, the loss to Idaho was the dagger.
EWURanger

Well, as I suspected we were able to run the table after, what...a 3-4 start? Disappointing season for sure, but it’s a small consolation to know that our “down” years still equate to a 7 win season.

Had we finished off Jacksonville or not laid an egg against Idaho we’d be a lock for the playoffs right now.
LDopaPDX

Barring quite the miracle from the playoff committee, our season will unfortunately be defined by the 4th quarter meltdown at Jax State and the first two quarters against Idaho. Those 3 quarters saw us outscored 49-0 by teams that were .500 or less. And there's just no excuse for that.

It'll be interesting just to see if the committee mentions us even if we don't get a bid. Frankly, and it pains me to say it, but I don't think we deserve a bid. Even in beating Cal Poly and Portland State, we darn near did our best to lose down the stretch. The odd thing is we could conceivably look better than UND, another bubble team. They shorted their schedule with only 11 games, managed 7 wins, and we beat them.

It's a real bummer for guys like Custer and Sendelbach who both had great years. But it should be a lesson that even in the FCS, you can't take games off. If you look at how many guys were sitting out in Q4 against Jax State and the Idaho game, you see a lot of talent that didn't go on the field. Those guys missing time might be the difference between 9-3 and seeded and 7-5 and sitting at home for Thanksgiving.
Advancing the Standard for over 40 years!
clawman

EWURanger wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:04 pm
Well, as I suspected we were able to run the table after, what...a 3-4 start? Disappointing season for sure, but it’s a small consolation to know that our “down” years still equate to a 7 win season.

Had we finished off Jacksonville or not laid an egg against Idaho we’d be a lock for the playoffs right now.
In years to come this season will be remembered as a giant disappointment and what a waste of the talent we have on this team. There are lots of opinions as to why but the result is the same.
To LDopa's point that he doesn't feel we are deserving, I thought the same thing today @ the game. We needed to make this a statement game to impress the committee and we could not even put a mediocre 5 win team away. If this game had gone another quarter we would have lost.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
luckyintheorder

EWURanger wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:04 pm

:ohno:
"I think the problem may lie in the properties of the hammer"

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State