Sears Big Sky COY

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
Phantom Hornet

Sears Big Sky COY

Post by Phantom Hornet » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 am

Sears and Warren from SUU named co-coaches of the year in the Big Sky.

Congrats!

P.S. It would be the most Sac State thing ever to not re-sign the reigning COY.

http://bigskyconf.com/news/2017/11/22/f ... onors.aspx
Last edited by Phantom Hornet on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colter_Nuanez

Re: Sears Big Sky COY

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:47 am

Southern Utah's Warren, Sac State's Sears earn Big Sky Coach of the Year honors -
https://skylinesportsmt.com/southern-ut ... ar-honors/

Green Laser

Post by Green Laser » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Very well deserved, Coach Sears did a masterful job of reorganizing to program staff etc. over the offseason. This seems to be the most in sync coaching staff we've had since the Mattos era.
All the things that have happened to the program over the past year seemed to have had a rhyme and reason after all. Let's rally together keep this ball rolling!

:notworthy:
Last edited by Green Laser on Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OldSchoolHornet

Post by OldSchoolHornet » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:22 pm

Well deserved.

Super Hornet
Admin

Post by Super Hornet » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:36 pm

GL: As one who served (and attempted to play) during the Volek Era, I find that I must strongly object to your insinuation that the Volek staff wasn't "in sync." They did a GREAT job in taking advantage of the gift of a once-in-a-lifetime RB. I do agree with you, however, that Sears has done a wonderful job in resurrecting the program after a string of sub-par staffs.

PL's premonition that it would be the "Sac State thing to do" to fire Sears is probably accurate, given that Sears has probably earned an extension with this "just missed" season on the bubble. (We probably should have been in the playoffs given that we beat a highly ranked 9-2 school and finished the season on a rather sizeable winning streak. But if the AD DOES choose to let him go, I'm hoping that the search field will consist of AT LEAST McClure, Osterhout, and Pielstick, if not Tennessee QBs Coach Mike Canales....

SDHornet

Post by SDHornet » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Huge turn around for this program not only in the win column but how the team played on both sides of the ball. Well deserved indeed.
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields

BuckeyeHornetFan

Post by BuckeyeHornetFan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:13 pm

Here's hoping Sears parlays this into even better times ahead (should they re-sign him). This program needs to keep trending upward. Another solid recruiting class would be a great start.