Week 2: Sac State @ San Diego State

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
BuckeyeHornetFan

Re: Week 2: Sac State @ San Diego State

Post by BuckeyeHornetFan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:01 pm

Game over.

Sorry, not impressed with SDSU or Juwan Washington. That team wouldn't win Big Sky. They got a lot of help from the officials in the 4th and Hornets basically choked the game away.

Good showing nonetheless.

BuckeyeHornetFan

Post by BuckeyeHornetFan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:07 pm

I hope the Hornets can avoid the bad luck of losing Thomson for the next game. That'd be awful.

SDHornet

Post by SDHornet » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Hornets lose late 28-14. I agree with buckeye. I expected the SDSU OL to wear out the Hornet defense and that never happened until the waning minutes of the game. The Hornet defense really hung tough, forced turnovers, and kept the Hornets in the game until they ran out of gas. If the Hornet offense was able to find one more scoring drive in the 2nd half then the Hornets win this game.

A good contingent of Hornet fans made it out to the tailgate and the game. It was a great time for those fortunate enough to make the trip.

Highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azU9gshDrdE
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields

BuckeyeHornetFan

Post by BuckeyeHornetFan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:16 am

SDHornet wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Hornets lose late 28-14. I agree with buckeye. I expected the SDSU OL to wear out the Hornet defense and that never happened until the waning minutes of the game. The Hornet defense really hung tough, forced turnovers, and kept the Hornets in the game until they ran out of gas. If the Hornet offense was able to find one more scoring drive in the 2nd half then the Hornets win this game.

A good contingent of Hornet fans made it out to the tailgate and the game. It was a great time for those fortunate enough to make the trip.

Highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azU9gshDrdE

Perhaps I wasn't right. Cause SDSU went to Tempe this weekend and knocked off the 2-0 Sun Devils.

I realize that AZ State isn't Alabama or Ohio State, but under Herm Edwards they looked to be improved. Our Hornets held a lead late in the 4th against a team that just beat 'em.

While I still think we let that game get away, the loss is looking a lot better right about now.

SDHornet

Post by SDHornet » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Game was in SD, and the Aztecs controlled the game until the waning minutes where they nearly pissed it away. Aztecs fumbled late when they were running out the clock. ASU was driving late and had a catch inside the 5 to set up the tying score with well under a minute left but a targeting call knocked the ball loose and ASU only got the yards on the penalty instead of the catch.

Agree with you about the loss to SDSU, won't look bad at all if the Aztecs keep winning.
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields