Week 8 - Sac State vs Montana (HOMECOMING Edition)!

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
Super Hornet
Admin

So, who came up with the idea of scheduling Montana for Homecoming? While I do believe that we will win, of course, shouldn't we have scheduled someone like UNC or maybe even Azusa Pacific?

OK, perhaps I'm exaggerating with APU. But you get my drift, right? Homecoming's supposed to be a pushover....
Green Cookie Monster

Kadeezy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:28 pm
GreenArmySwarm wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:05 pm
Just curious, now I, like everyone else wants nothing more than to see the Hornets run the table the rest of the year...but if you had to choose between beating
A) Montana this week
B) Weber
C) Davis in the Causeway
...which would it be?
As much as I hate Davis, Montana this week. Biggest impact on voters, biggest consideration at playoff selection time.

No matter what, we’re going into week 8, and we only have 3 DI wins, lots of work to do!
No doubt, a L this weekend will tumble Sac out of the 25. Gotta contend before you can pretend.
Green Cookie Monster

Super Hornet wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:20 pm
So, who came up with the idea of scheduling Montana for Homecoming? While I do believe that we will win, of course, shouldn't we have scheduled someone like UNC or maybe even Azusa Pacific?

OK, perhaps I'm exaggerating with APU. But you get my drift, right? Homecoming's supposed to be a pushover....
I bet there wouldn't be 3,000 Azusa Pacific or UNC fans in the visitors section.

If you gonna go big, might as well punch the incumbent in the mouth.
This will come down to 2nd Qtr.
Hauck is a master adjuster at halftime, so lets keep pace.
19Griz

SDHornet wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:00 am
There just isn’t a lot of Montana game highlights/game replays out there to check out.

Super Hornet
Admin

You make a good argument as always, GCM. Thank you.
Phantom Hornet

Green Cookie Monster wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:51 pm
Super Hornet wrote:

I bet there wouldn't be 3,000 Azusa Pacific or UNC fans in the visitors section.

Totally agree. No cupcakes, if we are gonna do this, let's take out the biggest dog on the block. This is one of those pivotal moments for the program where a win could change so much. Sac State has always stumbled in these occasions, let's break the pattern and go big.

I'm optimistic!
Kadeezy

As far as who we play on Homecoming, there’s only so much say that the school/AD have. It’s not like High School. The Big Sky Conference stipulates the conference game locales and dates. I suppose you could have homecoming during the OOC portion of the schedule.

In my mind there were only two options for the admin to choose from for HC: vs. EWU or UM. I would’ve picked UM for a variety of reason, perceived as the weaker opponent in the offseason, they travel well and if enthusiasm had dwindled by mid October due to losses, or if one was expecting a greater chance of crappier weather later in the season, you’d want the attendance buffer of the UM fans.

Ultimately, the Hornets are playing very well, coming off two Huge victories and the Montana attendance bump is just icing on the cake now, a very different situation than in year’s past.

I’m sure the team is relishing the opportunity to go from knocking on the door to kicking it in this weekend.
HornetHope

Green Cookie Monster wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:51 pm
Super Hornet wrote:

I would argue that present company of coaches are master adjusters as well. Exhibit A the shut down of MSU last week.
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.
Vince Lombardi
BuckeyeHornetFan

Bought tix for myself, wife and niece tonight. We'll be there. West Side GA. Cheering on the Green and Gold.

Hope we bring home a 'W'!!!!
Kadeezy

BuckeyeHornetFan wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:38 am
Bought tix for myself, wife and niece tonight. We'll be there. West Side GA. Cheering on the Green and Gold.

Hope we bring home a 'W'!!!!
I’ve got a group of 6 now! We gotta break 12,500 this weekend!
Super Hornet
Admin

Kadeezy wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:44 pm
As far as who we play on Homecoming, there’s only so much say that the school/AD have. It’s not like High School. The Big Sky Conference stipulates the conference game locales and dates. I suppose you could have homecoming during the OOC portion of the schedule.

In my mind there were only two options for the admin to choose from for HC: vs. EWU or UM. I would’ve picked UM for a variety of reason, perceived as the weaker opponent in the offseason, they travel well and if enthusiasm had dwindled by mid October due to losses, or if one was expecting a greater chance of crappier weather later in the season, you’d want the attendance buffer of the UM fans.

Ultimately, the Hornets are playing very well, coming off two Huge victories and the Montana attendance bump is just icing on the cake now, a very different situation than in year’s past.

I’m sure the team is relishing the opportunity to go from knocking on the door to kicking it in this weekend.
You, too, make good points, Kadeezy. Thank you.
fosterstokes

Those homers at ESPN Missoula are still doubting Sacramento State. Listen to what they have to say about the Hornets as 2.5 point underdogs at HOME!!! This is blasphemous. I say you should take the points! It's at the 43:45 mark.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5N4L7QDa9DeZSgObn45uZV
Colter_Nuanez

Colter_Nuanez

Kadeezy

It’s gameday!

There are some Griz posters that believe Kevin Thomson will transfer to UM at the conclusion of this season since sneed graduates and the staff includes everyone that recruited Thomson to UNLV.

I guess I’m happy that UM fans finally think we’re good enough to swipe our QB as a grad transfer??? Lol
SDHornet

Kadeezy wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:59 am
It’s gameday!

There are some Griz posters that believe Kevin Thomson will transfer to UM at the conclusion of this season since sneed graduates and the staff includes everyone that recruited Thomson to UNLV.

I guess I’m happy that UM fans finally think we’re good enough to swipe our QB as a grad transfer??? Lol
Only on ejizz would something like this be posted. :lol:

Gameday. Time to gear up. 8-)
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields
SDHornet

Thanks for the post 19Griz. I stumbled across some of those last week, I was hoping to find more of a condensed game type of videos. Since most of the Griz games are on Root, I thought there would be more than just the sideline angles available.
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields
BuckeyeHornetFan

Alright fellow Hornet fans! We're on our way out to the stadium, with a short stop for lunch beforehand. Can't wait! Hope the game lives up to the hype. Actually, check that. I'd be very ok with a Hornet blowout of the Griz! I don't need a close, exciting game. Just a much needed 'W' in favor of the green and gold.

I'm expecting a good crowd. See y'all out there!

Stingers up!
GreenArmySwarm

Allan Perryman is out! That's not good!!! He's our top back...!!! :o
Kadeezy

GreenArmySwarm wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:39 pm
Allan Perryman is out! That's not good!!! He's our top back...!!! :o

Wr got the jump on em, but this doesn’t look good.

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah