+3

jgladding

Re: The Mattos March Thread

Post by jgladding » Fri May 06, 2011 11:05 am

why is this still pinned?

SactoHornetAlum

Post by SactoHornetAlum » Fri May 06, 2011 11:09 am

jgladding wrote:why is this still pinned?
Why not? You give me a good reason of why it shouldn't be...
davis is like a wart at the end of a finger. -Green Cookie Monster

jgladding

Post by jgladding » Fri May 06, 2011 12:00 pm

um, maybe becaue the original post has been deleted and anyone visiting this forum has no idea what the context is.

Super Hornet

Post by Super Hornet » Fri May 06, 2011 12:11 pm

As the administrator here, I trust the mods I hired. If they feel that they have good reason to keep this on sticky status, then until I have a reason to trump it, it stays sticky. And a litle bit of browser confusion doesn't rise to the level of smacking down my outstanding mods.

Green Cookie Monster

Post by Green Cookie Monster » Fri May 06, 2011 7:41 pm

If the link is dead, delete it. :thumb:

Super Hornet

Brandyn Reed on the Mattos March

Post by Super Hornet » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Just found this on YouTube. Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8v7QLPdK88

Super Hornet

Post by Super Hornet » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:49 pm

I just found new video. It covers multiple series in the second half, but includes the drive forever memorialized as The Mattos March. It includes both sideline and end zone views spliced together, and there's no audio. It takes about 10 minutes. Thanks to MBT, who posted it to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ7TOjrX ... re=related

Green4life

Re: Brandyn Reed on the Mattos March

Post by Green4life » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Brandyn Reed, Is a player that I would like to have seen him have one more year as a Hornet, with a QB that can make him work, with a down and out-routs. We need an O-Line that would give hime the time to get the ball down the field.
This would give our running game the lanes for the RB to get Nort & South. I Like Morris Norrise This is a young man that is very respectfull and had some very big plays this past season. I like his game and I hope he does not have to play any D at all so he can be 100% focus on his offense. We also need some big DBs that has speed as well.

This would give our running game the lanes for the RB to get Nort & South. I Like Morris Norrise This is a young man that is very respectfull and had some top big plays this past season.

I like his game and I hope he does not have to play D at all so he can be 100% focus on his offense.
He will return for his JR season. Morris also earned all BSC honorable mention. (Good Job young man)
His role should and will increase significantly and l hope he incorporats his run catch game and becomes a leader.

He is high on my list of players that I would like to see next season.
I do not like the the offense that we run with the players that we have commming back.

Lets Go Hornets (2012)

josephpoint

Post by josephpoint » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:10 pm

the Matttos March thread is very important to Sac State football history. He was the greatest coach of our program and passed away shortly after this thread was created as we beat Davis in a very improbable drive at Hornet tadium against the rival Aggies of all time as the entire team wore jerseys bearing his name that day.

He was the greatest Hornet of all time as a football player in the 1960s who was hired in 1978 to keep the program alive as the school with the longest losing streak in the NCAA at all levels at that time.

He brought the program back to life and even ended an 18 year losing streak to UC Davis in 1988 against an Aggie led Coach Socher (who just passed away).

Glad to see the Mattos March Thread staying on this board and may it stay for many years to come.

It is important.

If you do not understand that...that is fine...but for those who do...thank you!!

If you knew Coach Mattos you were blessed as he made u feel special and always had time for u and everyone he knew. He was a coach who was there for everyone in Hornet Nation...another coach, a player, a co-worker, a cheerleader, a band member, a reporter, any and all student, an alum, anyone and everyone. He was truly all these things.

Go Hornets!!!! Past , present and future. All Hornets are hornets forever!! And we need all Hornets to stick together to be Great !!

And we need our growing and rich history to be remembered and preserved.