• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

1st Bengal Road Game

bill_idaflls

Tired of seeing BSU atop the ISU Basketball posts, I must mention the men's game on November 11 at 6 PM. I'll be tuning-in to the Bengal Broadcast. I'm liking the additions of Jim Potter and Deane Martin as coaches. Welcome, to all new and re-turning team members. It's a new look and it can be a good year. As always, I look forward to the new B-Ball season. Go Bengals!

Bengals up 34-31 at half at Oklahoma. A great start for a new season. Some players have foul problems but they are playing agressively. Go Bengals!

Final: OK 78 ISU 74. It's time to get behind this team. Good opening game to a new season. Scoring was spread around--not relying on a few scorers. Good game for several Bengals--Grabeau leading with assists at 8 and newcomer Koster scoring 12. Good game Bengals! :thumb:

Great start by the bengals. I know its a loss but 4pt loss for a big 12 team. Some of our fans had already wrote this team and coach off before the season started. Happy to see them come out swinging. :thumb:

Very good start for the Bengals, almost a triple double for Grabau! Very encouraging to only lose by 4 on the road to a Big 12 opponent.

ISU lost a close game on the road against a "supposed" superior opponent. The key word here is lost! IMO, there are no moral victories this year.

A few notes from the "ISU article" the Journal swiped from the AP: another season opening road loss; this has happened in 7 of the last 8 seasons. Also, under O'Brien, ISU now 0-24 vs. basketball programs which get BCS money.

Please don't make the mistake of reading into this close loss to a crippled OU program as anything more than a blind squirrel finding a nut. We do not possess the athletes to win at D1 level.

biobengal said:
ISU lost a close game on the road against a "supposed" superior opponent. The key word here is lost! IMO, there are no moral victories this year.

A few notes from the "ISU article" the Journal swiped from the AP: another season opening road loss; this has happened in 7 of the last 8 seasons. Also, under O'Brien, ISU now 0-24 vs. basketball programs which get BCS money.

They win, they got my attention. They didn't, so I will go with my gut. They need to give me something to cheer about. We will see.

Bengal Roar said:
They win, they got my attention. They didn't, so I will go with my gut. They need to give me something to cheer about. We will see.

Bingo.

Remember O'Brien's first season? They took nationally ranked Marquette to OT and lost a close one. They took BYU to OT and lost. They played close to nationally ranked Washington State. Then they came back to Pocatello and barely beat NAIA Carroll College by one point. They went on to have a losing record.

I hope these young men can have a good season. I'm just not going to bet the house on it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A[/youtube]

they also almost beat Illinois later in the season, started hot in BSC play and then faded

sasquatch said:
Bengal Roar said:

Bingo.

Remember O'Brien's first season? They took nationally ranked Marquette to OT and lost a close one. They took BYU to OT and lost. They played close to nationally ranked Washington State. Then they came back to Pocatello and barely beat NAIA Carroll College by one point. They went on to have a losing record.

I hope these young men can have a good season. I'm just not going to bet the house on it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back