• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

#2 Moment in Big Sky Conference History!!!

Excellent story written by former Journal sportswriter Marty Renzhoefer. I interviewed Killer for the Journal after he left both ISU and Oklahoma State for TCU. He put together a very nice team of Killer Frogs in Forth Worth.

They must have gotten the NBC Sports broadcast from the NCAA. Video looks terrific, don't know if it was enhanced or not.

Jim Simpson, one of the best play by play guys around. Called the first Super Bowl for NBC as their part of the broadcast. Tom Hawkins, one of the worst analysts I've ever heard.

PBP

I was a Mormon missionary in Japan that year and when I introduced myself to someone that I met on Saturday, I believe the game was on a Thursday, and told them that I was from Idaho they told me of the big college basketball upset that had occurred in the US involving an Idaho School. Of course I knew that ISU was in the tournament but I wasn't sure I was getting the story straight - my Japanese still wasn't very good as I'd only been in the country for a few weeks - but they showed me the newspaper - I couldn't read the article but I could read the score, plus there was a picture was of Steve Hayes celebrating, very exciting!

I'm with Jerry, let's do it again.

WILDCAT said:
So awesome

Yes, it was.

Hayes absolutely dominated them, they had no answer for his big elbows, long arms, and 7 foot frame. An absolutely thrilling moment in time. This game has brought me back to Holt Arena for four decades now, just waiting for a moment like that again in time.

I do remember cheering for the Wildcats when they beat North Carolina, that was pretty darn exciting also (North Carolina had no answer for the "Show" either).

Latest posts

Back