• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2 questions

Bengal_believer

Is it too early to speculate who will replace Arias next year? Right now we got a rock-star for a QB but are we gonna struggle at that position next year? I wanna see some major back up reps at that spot.

What's gonna improve on D to keep us contending, not as confident as I'd like to be in our D. I am lovin "the vow" from Beckstead though!!

We have two QB's that are young and very talented and will compete for the starting position next season. They will grow with the program. To bring in a transfer for next season would send the wrong message to the two young QB's as they will be a sophomore and a redshirt freshmen next season. I thought Coach Kramer would bring in a transfer or step down QB for this season to back up Arias and to start next season while the two young QB's developed but Coach Kramer has confidence in his young QB's to step in as needed this season and to take over for Arias next season.

With the difficult schedule ISU has next season I suspect he'll go with one of the two QB's already in the system in order to give himself the best chance possible to win games.

PBP

you maybe right votb if the two young QB's are not ready to be a starter next season. I hope Arias continues to have a healthy season otherwise one of the two young QB's will have to take over this season.

Drop downs as people call them or transfer are so overrated. You build a program with high school recruiting. We have QBs that can step in and be a 4 year starter.

I think VOTB is right.

I do agree that you build a program with HS players but I also believe that ISU will lose one of the kids prior to next fall. Why? Because the one that is the number two (on the depth chart) of the young QB's will realize that they will not end up playing much if any over a four year career.

Same sort of thing will happen with the DB's as well because ISU has so many young ones. You will also see a few young WR's leave the program. Things change after spring ball when the kids realize the pecking order.

If Kramer sticks with one of the young kids, I support that. If he goes the JC or drop down route, I understand that, too.

I do not think the young QB's will leave unless a transfer arrives on campus prior to fall camp. Both QB's realize that they will be competing for the starting position next season and also realize if the starter QB is not playing well than the other QB will step in and will take over the starting QB position. I believe they knew that when Kramer signed them as they are only one year apart in anticipated graduating class. To sign a transfer QB for next season would be sending the wrong message to the young QB's as they would only have one year and two years to possibly start at QB at ISU. On the other hand, Kramer may sign a transfer QB if he feels his two young QB's are not ready to take over for Arias for next season. Trivia question? How many QB's have left the program since Kramer has taken over the ISU program the last 4 years ?

Ideally you should have at least four QBs in your program at Any given tIme, spread fairly evenly between the four classes. Idaho State has been lucky to have two scholarship QBs in the program in recent years. Young QBs don't want to sit at a place like Idaho State. If it becomes apparent they aren't going to play right away, they leave. Or don't come in the first place.

Skippy is right about having 4 QB's spread evenly between the classes. Maybe, that is what Kramer wants to do as his last two QB's have been incoming freshmen rather than transfers.

offense - better than past seasons under Kramer as we established a running game and the passing game is really good so far.

defense - I believe we are better this season but cannot say for sure as we only played two BSC games and have given up a lot of points.

special teams - appears to be getting better every game.

I would be very happy to see growing pain with a kid who will be here for 4 years vs. A jc. Tanner is a big strong kid with a gun. I would rather see us build depth on this O line going forward.

I think all of us would like to see a kid that could be a 3-4 year starter. I hope the answer is currently in the program, too.

I think he is and it's Tanner. My son is part of that young DB group. They are hungry to show themselves. I know in the past kids have left the program but this is a new day.

Coach Kramer brought in Yost and Arias as JUCO's because he had too. He had no other experienced college QB's on his team at the time. Three QB's have left the program since Coach Kramer has taken over at ISU so it makes sense to recruit and sign high school QB's every year hoping they will develop with the program and have a chance to start one or two years when they become juniors and seniors. Bringing a transfer QB into the program next season would send the wrong message to these two young QB's and it could lead to one or both leaving the program thinking they will never be a starter.

Latest posts

Back