• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2009 record??

After an 0-3 start, Coach Z will have his hands full trying to maintain some kind of confidence in his team. As the Bengals approach mid-season, the confidence will be there. The optimist in me has the Bengals flirting with a .500 season this year. People will start to get excited about Bengal football again.

I second Humble's opinion. A 4-7 record would be a major upgrade over last year and a step in the right direction.

The Twin Falls Times-News had a short article which predicted ISU's season...

Times-News projected record: The Bengals begin the season with three tough ones before coming home to host Central Washington, a solid Division II program. It could be another long season in Pocatello, unless ISU can breakthrough against the other teams in the bottom half of the Big Sky Conference. Look for the Bengals to better last year's 1-11 mark, but not by much. A 2-9 season is likely, but 4-7 is not out of reach.

Preseason Predictions: Idaho State University Bengals

If Zamberlin only wins one game he will tie with Bud Hake for the worst three year record since the late 70's. Garth Hall had nine wins in three seasons and Tom Walsh had six wins in two seasons.

Four wins would give me hope for the future...three or less and serious questions need to be asked.

Well, at least I know I will be asking...

When you consider that ISU is losing its four best players from last season (Clark, Phipps, Thompson and Dietrich-Smith), the Bengals don't return a single player who made first or second-team all-league, and they play a brutal schedule, I don't think you can ask for more than a couple of wins. The key for me will be this: do the young players exhibit an upgrade in talent over the previous two recruiting classes? If so, there is longer term hope. That's what Z has to sell to this community, the current players and recruits.

I understand what you are saying Skippy.

However, the results may not have been much different had they played Cal Poly at home and returned the trip to North Dakota as planned. The end result may have been minus 2 no matter what way we look at it.

Seeing the younger players make a difference would be encouraging and it may shed some light on what ISU has for the future. I hope to see Zamberlin let the young kids play this season and I hope that kids play the entire season if they are good enough. I don't want to see kids burning RS years 3-5 games into the season. If they can play--give them them the keys to the car.

This team is seriously lacking BSC level speed and this year should tell supporters of the program if Zamberlin can recruit at this level or not.

I hope we can all look at the 2009 season and realize together that things are moving in the right direction. But, we can't sit here year to year and say, "wait until these kids are upperclassman."

I don't think Zamberlin has five or six years of 2-4 win seasons. Plus, the schedules aren't going to get much easier if this year is any indication.

Latest posts

Back