• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2013 Recruiting Class....

clawsout

....has anyone heard anything on who we are looking at?....bringing in?.....hoping for?...JC or freshmen?.....come on ...toss me some juicy tidbits ..... :notworthy:

Probably no JC's or drop downs according to Mike. He may make an exception or two on some JC's with good grades who have contacted him because they want to get into the health sciences offered by ISU.

PBP

I doubt these JUCO players will apply to ISU or any other out of state university unless they are given a scholarship to play football. They are not looking to walkon to a team to play football without securing a scholarship. I have to assume that coach Kramer has already offered a scholarship to these JUCO players that have contacted him otherwise he would not be talking about these JUCO players in the media. We will know on signing day how many JUCO players and drop down players will be coming to ISU.

According to Rival we have interest in the following:

Position
Name
Wt
Stars
Rivals Rating
Rank
School
DE Chauntez Jackson Inglewood, California
Inglewood
6'4" 240 N/A
3 stars
5.6 43
Tennessee
DB Jeremy Tyler Lithonia, Georgia
Martin Luther King
6'1" 200 4.5
3 stars
5.7 41
list
QB James Delacenserie Heber City, Utah
Wasatch
6'3" 220 4.8
2 stars
5.4 N/A
list
OL Josh Burns Glendale, Arizona
Glendale C.C.
6'5" 285 N/A N/A N/A
list
WR Kendall Richardson Montgomery, Alabama
St. Jude
6'3" 195 4.5
2 stars
5.4 N/A
list
DE Robby Mackesey Rochester, Minnesota
Rochester C.C.
6'3" 240 N/A N/A N/A
list
OL Damien Parris San Pablo, California
Contra Costa C.C.
6'7" 295 4.9
3 stars
5.5 N/A
list
DT Chris Carnes Sun Valley, Idaho
Wood River
6'3" 265 N/A N/A N/A
list
DE Trent Simpson Oxford, Alabama
Oxford
6'5" 240 N/A
2 stars
5.4 N/A
Mississippi State
DE Bryan Carter Seattle, Washington
O'Dea
6'4" 245 4.6
2 stars
5.3 N/A
list
DB Chase McWorther Rexburg, Idaho
Madison
6'2" 175 N/A N/A N/A
list
ATH Logan Lee Rexburg, Idaho
Madison
6'5" 205 N/A N/A N/A
list
DB Sem Mercelin Portland, Oregon
Madison
5'10" 170 N/A N/A N/A
list
OL Brett Thompson Rupert, Idaho
Minico
6'4" 310 N/A N/A N/A
list
RB Nick LaSane Lucas, Texas
Lovejoy
6'1" 215 4.5 N/A N/A
list
WR Andre Lindsey Jr. Stockton, California
Stagg
6'3" 180 4.5 N/A N/A
list
ATH Matthew Coleman San Antonio, Texas
East Central
5'9" 167 4.4
2 stars
5.3 N/A
list
LB Jordan Anderson Arvada, Colorado
Ralston Valley
6'1" 210 N/A
2 stars
5.3 N/A
list
DE Malik Smith Orlando, Florida
Cypress Creek
6'1" 228 4.8
2 stars
5.4 N/A
list
LB Erik Nelson Mission Viejo, California
Saddleback C.C.
6'2" 230 4.6 N/A N/A
list
DB Dehendrick Thompson Goodman, Mississippi
Holmes C.C.
5'10" 220 N/A N/A N/A
list
RB Conner Peterson Minden, Nevada
Douglas
5'11" 210 N/A N/A N/A
list

Will Kramer recruit some JC players, I believe he will. You recruit JC kids for positions of need, not to fill your recruiting class. Kramer recruited six JC kids his first year, all but one on offense where we were really depleted. Four wide receiver type and two QB's, all positions we were weak at and a JC corner. All very high academic types. Boyle's was in that class as a Div. I transfer. This year our need for maturity is at Corner, DE, LB, and an OT. From Scout and Rival these are the JC kids we show on, according to the recruiting services two have or will visit in December.

CB Avery Boykin Photos Glendale (AZ) Roster a JC corner who shows an offer and visit to ISU.
OL Josh Burns Glendale, Arizona Glendale C.C. 6'5" 285
DE Robby Mackesey Rochester, Minnesota Rochester C.C. 6'3" 240
OL Damien Parris San Pablo, California Contra Costa C.C. 6'7" 295
LB Erik Nelson Mission Viejo, California Saddleback C.C. 6'2" 230
DB Dehendrick Thompson Goodman, Mississippi Holmes C.C. 5'10" 220

Maybe, Coach Kramer changed his recruiting philosophy from two weeks ago and is now visiting and recruiting JUCO players. I would like to see a combination of JUCO players and high school players sign with ISU as we need JUCO players to fill in our "at need" areas for the 2013 season. We need to start winning some games in 2013 to show that the program is improving.

The Bellingham (WA) Herald reports that 6'6" 285# offensive lineman Thomas Vazorka has verbally committed to ISU...

Vazorka also wanted to find a school that offered both majors he's interested in pursuing - Physiotherapy and Civil or Technical Engineering - in what figures to be an ambitious class schedule.

"I'll have practice in the morning and then afternoon study table," Vazorka said. "The one thing I like is they made it clear is that they don't want you to miss any key lectures or internships or anything like that. It will be busy, but I'll just do what I have to do."

And what Vazorka would really like to do is help the Bengals win a few football games and possibly make it to the FCS playoffs.

"They're not a winning program, yet, but I believe they are turning that all around," Vazorka said. "Coach Kramer has been a successful coach, and I know that he can do it again."

Read more: Bellingham's Vazorka Commits to Idaho State

Latest posts

Back