• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2013 Volleyball

josephpoint

The Hornets are off to a 4-0 start after winning a tourney in Philadelphia to open 2013. Best start in 18 years.

Good to see for this once dominant program.

And good to see for a fall Hornet sports team.

Keep it up Sac State!!

perhaps a change in coaches is due in Hornet volleyballl as well as our Hornets just lost to Montana 3-2 and Northern Colorado beat NAU 3-2 to gain the last spot in the Big Sky torney. Just seems so odd for Sac State to be struggling for the 6th spot in the tourney as a once dominant program . What has happend?

6 years now since Coach Colbergretired and the Hornets went from the Big Sky dominant team to the team that struggles to even make the Big Sky tourney. And the Big Sky tourney spot just was lost tonight.

Time for change in this sport? Will Gonzo be true to the strategic plan of winning prrgrams and letting go coaches who do not produce results. Seems like 6 yrs is enough for the current coach.

And seems so odd for the Calif. school in the Big Sky to not even make the tourney year after year. Aclif. and volleyball seems to go hand in hand..

congrats to Coach Colberg and her amazing Hornet teams who won 59 Big Sky matches in a row at Hornet gym over a 6 year period before she retired, being named as one of the top Big Sky top 50 accomplishments in the Big Sky 50 yr history. Those were indeed amazing years as all the years were under Coach Colberg

During coach Coldberg's last two years of coaching I attended a couple of the games. When I looked at the roster, all of the players were mostly senoirs and juniors. They were great players, but by the time she retired they were all about to graduate, if they didn't already and during her last two years it didn't seem like she developed or recruited good players. To me it seemed like a very bad transition to an assistant coach, the way I saw it.

Latest posts

Back