• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2015-16 MBB Schedule

SLCBengal

It appears ISU will be back in Logan for 3 games next season...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NDSUmbb/status/607957798840733696[/tweet]

On another scheduling note, I'm hearing the two Montanas will be the teams that won't play in Pocatello this year via the Big Sky's unbalanced schedule.

Skippy said:
On another scheduling note, I'm hearing the two Montanas will be the teams that won't play in Pocatello this year via the Big Sky's unbalanced schedule.

I misunderstood this information: apparently it's the Montana and MSU women who will not be coming to Pocatello this season. The Montana and MSU men will play ISU ONLY in Pocatello this year.

It cracks me up when social media can post a schedule faster than the ISU Athletic Department can. Notice the post on account is more than a week old. :thumbdown:

bengalcub said:
It cracks me up when social media can post a schedule faster than the ISU Athletic Department can. Notice the post on account is more than a week old. :thumbdown:

:+1:

What's that quote from George Washington? It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.

The schedule is another bad one. Not as bad as two years ago, but about what we can expect from this staff. At least there are 2 D-I non-conference home opponents, and it should be fun to watch former NBA all-star and head coach Reggie Theus bring the Matadors up here for a game.

Interesting article in the Missoulian about Montana's struggles to put together a decent home schedule. This year the Griz play Boise State and San Francisco at home, but their other three home games are against non-D-1 programs. Ken Bone, the UM assistant (and former head coach at PSU and Wazzu) says what we're hearing from most Big Sky Conference coaches when they talk about their home non-conference schedules: "Nobody wants to come here."

One interesting concept Montana is trying is to team with MSU to offer teams, essentially, a "two-fer," an opportunity to play both MSU and Montana during the same road trip. It hasn't paid off yet, but might make a Montana road trip more palatable to other D-1 schools. I could see ISU partnering with Weber on such a concept. But anyway you slice it, getting D-1 programs to fly into Pocatello for non-conference games is a tough sell.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/mens-basketball/griz-hoops-montana-trying-to-overcome-scheduling-issues/article_c1c80a4c-edc6-5e90-ae87-0f8989a52b5e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm amused by those who think it's funny a player had a schedule before it was released to the public. Is it strange that a player would have a "draft" schedule before you? The Sports Information Office can not release a schedule to the public before every negotiated "i" is dotted and "t" is crossed, legally. That means the schedule is released only when the head coach says it's okay to do so. Basketball schedules are put together by basketball coaches, not by the AD the way football schedules are done. Some schools have their schedules finalized before others do, which is why ISU may show up on an opponents schedule before ours is released. So I would suggest that before you keep criticizing a massively understaffed media relations office, which receives far less funding than it needs, try looking for some positives. Now, having said that, I still love ISU fans. FYI, the media relations folks never read this board, so it does no good to complain here other than allow you to vent. If you really want things to get better, you need to communicate with them directly, and not anonymously. Offer positive, helpful solutions. A nice, substantial donation to media relations wouldn't hurt.

GO BENGALS!

Truthfully, I don't know why you really think that myself or others would give a crap about what you think about fans questioning things? I will question to my hearts content on a fan board. From a schedule standpoint to a roster standpoint...from a video feed production to a radio production standpoint...folks get frustrated with not seeing ISU keeping up with the rest of the league. My point, everywhere I look I can see the majority of the Big Sky Conference schools doing a better job than Idaho State.

As for ISU folks not reading this board. Sounds like you do and I highly doubt they don't. Regardless it does not matter if you don't like it or if your little tag team partner (Mark Liptak) gets butthurt by what he reads on a fan board. This site exists for ISU fans as an outlet.

All I ever here is excuses about money and lack of help. Then you have the audacity to say if anyone wants something to change to give more money.

I find that amusing, too. Expecting the same level of quality with half the funding and staffing. And I still love ISU fans. It's your right to gripe. Go for it. And sometimes a little knowledge is useful. My butt is far from hurt. If I couldn't take the heat I wouldn't be here. As a matter of fact, if anybody can't take the heat they should stay off this board. Everyone is fair game, although I usually find more it's more productive and profitable to be positive.

Yeah whatever...

Nothing like a radio announcer mocking and EDUCATING a fan base on how they should feel.

Makes me want to open up my wallet and give it to a bunch of crybabies to make more excuses with.

My :twocents: ...

votb said:
The Sports Information Office can not release a schedule to the public before every negotiated "i" is dotted and "t" is crossed, legally.

Are you sure about that? Other schools began to publicly list ISU on their schedules as early as June. In fact, when I visited a few other schools' websites this past summer, they had partial schedules already listed. UVU is an example -- the website had a partial schedule listed which did not include ISU at the time. As "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed for each scheduled game, many schools add those to their online schedule. I find it hard to believe it's actually illegal to post an entire schedule before it's officially completed. If that's the case, many schools are in trouble.

votb said:
So I would suggest that before you keep criticizing a massively understaffed media relations office, which receives far less funding than it needs, try looking for some positives.

Last time I checked, Southern Utah's athletic budget is almost $2 million less than ISU's, yet they officially released their schedule on July 27th of this year. Now I understand their schedule probably came together before ISU's, but they obviously found the time to post it online when it occurred.

SUUTBirds.com: Men's Basketball Announces 2015-16 Schedule

votb said:
Now, having said that, I still love ISU fans. FYI, the media relations folks never read this board, so it does no good to complain here other than allow you to vent. If you really want things to get better, you need to communicate with them directly, and not anonymously.

This has always been a FAN board, BY and FOR the fans of ISU. It was never designed to serve as a direct line of communication between the fans and athletic office. It is for the armchair quarterbacks of the world to discuss and vent about the teams. I think a message board is a good way to take a "snapshot" of the fan base -- in that you can see what is being discussed and what is important and topical at the moment. I think it can sometimes be seen as a "virtual" fan focus group. I know in the past they have read this board, and I have an inkling they continue to do so.

I too get tired of the we can't do it attitude at ISU.... because of the lack of funding.

Somehow, Northern Colorado manages to fund several more sports than ISU (wresting, baseball, etc.), not be forced to play a SINGLE FBS money game in 2015, but achieve more success in MBB.

BTW, I've you been to Greeley. :?

Usually you don't post a schedule until all the contracts are in. This is actually where social media can be used to announce games prior to the complete schedule release. UNM did this some and we released the non-conference schedule before we announced the conference schedule.

I don't know if Steve and Jenna read this board, but I'm sure folks do .... They would be silly not too. You have to know the pulse of all fans, extreme or not, happy or sad or mad.

That a studen took a picture of it speaks to the issue of why a student was able to take a picture of it. It's not illegal to post a schedule before all the contracts are in by the way, it's just ill advised and not smart. What ISU hasn't tried for scheduling is working with the better hotels to offer free room guarantees to offset some travel concerns. That would probably be worth a shot.

FormerISUSID

Latest posts

Back