• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2015 Spring Game.

BengalSapper

So anyone think that ISU will actually try to have a decent spring game. And by that I mean actually try and promote the game?

Has anyone seen any advertising for the spring game yet? ISU should be trying to take advantage of the positive momentum and make a marketing push for season tickets and Bengal gear.

Season tickets went on sale about a month ago, two months earlier than normal. There was a mini-push when they went on sale. I'd be interested to see how they're doing.

http://www.kpvi.com/content/news/regional/story/Renewed-interest-in-ISU-football-as-season/p-9LZTjPvkudxhlR_CM9rQ.cspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

letuknow said:
As much as I hate to say it, most likely ISU will not promote the spring game.

And why would this be any different from just about anything else that the ISU Athletic Department does or more correctly "doesn't" do with marketing and publicity?

I hate to say it, but ISU football has been irrelevant to the BSC for over 30 years, except for a couple isolated years. What was Holt like back in'81? Look back and see what happened. You now have a coach who is capable of returning ISU football to national prominence, and after last year there is no eager anticipation of the spring game and the 2015 season??? This is the product of three decades of indifference by administration AND fan base. The 'fans' have died off! Before last year, 4,500 was average for attendance. Like Montana from mid-70s to mid-80s. Then they got Don Read and a NC ten years later. ISU has Kramer, and tons if potential.

The AD needs to promote this program big time. Pocatello, and all of SE Idaho have a chance to see ISU greatness, but are unaware and uncaring. Boise State is a prime example of what can happen if there is the will to do so. Kramer has said he has a LONG TERM future in Pokey. The future is NOW!

I know it's hard to predict weather in Idaho in April, but it would be great if they could make the final scrimmage as part of an ISU CommUniversity event. Have some food trucks or booths set up outside, displays, tents, entertainment, that sort of thing. Push season tickets all day at various locations here and around SE Idaho.

http://www.isucommuniversity.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good idea! It's a start. Too bad interest is so low. How low is it? Indirect measurement: fan participation on this Football site, 1,692 tópics posted. EGriz has 40,765 topics. This site has existed since 1969, eGriz since late 2002(as far as I can tell). The comparison features failure vs success. Change will not happen overnight, but there has to be a effort. I'm in, anybody else?

Trying not to be negative. I understand baby steps going forward. I am very happy with the present and future of Idaho State Football. As to marketing, I am still waiting for a call from the marketing person over the Football schedule posters from last year. I went up there last August to get a few posters to distribute in town and the lady at the front thought I was speaking french? What posters she said? I don't think I have ever seen them she said. I told her I pick up a few every year and give them away. She says lets me call the person who is in charge and I will tell them to call you, well it has been about 9 months and I have yet to receive a call and never did see the posters.

If they want the community to buy in, they ALL need to be on the same page and not be Reactive but Proactive!

otis campbell said:
Good idea! It's a start. Too bad interest is so low. How low is it? Indirect measurement: fan participation on this Football site, 1,692 tópics posted. EGriz has 40,765 topics. This site has existed since 1969, eGriz since late 2002(as far as I can tell). The comparison features failure vs success. Change will not happen overnight, but there has to be a effort. I'm in, anybody else?

There's no way we come close to the number of football topics vs. the number on egriz. But, even though the very last message on here shows the year 1969, I think we both know that's not possible...

Since 2002, I believe we've been hosted on 3 or 4 different sites. I remember we were hosted by a Sacramento site, tomatopages.com, and then we were hosted on eteamz.com (and administered by former ISJ reporter Jared Eborn). After he left the area, the board was in limbo, and it became hosted by proboards.com. I believe it was in 2008 when Chris incorporated ISU's board into his BigSkyFans.com network. Cub can correct me if I'm wrong, but all topics up to that time were deleted.

For those with really good memories, how many remember the boards in the 90's? I can remember being hosted on ISU's site in its infancy by Frank, on a Rivals site, and a voy.com type site. ISU fans have had a dedicated bunch online before a lot of other schools joined in...

Good history. 1969 was a bit of a stretch, but participation is lagging. It would be Nice to see some activity on this site. Cobwebs and rust are depressing.,,

Latest posts

Back