• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

37 POINTS & A LOSS TONIGHT

Unfuc*?+#@believable! Do you think the other teams in the sky would notice if we canceled the rest of the season?

19 consecutive road losses.

This is joe blows last season, fire his ass.
Anybody miss doug oliver?

O'Brien's contract runs through next season. I don't see ISU paying off Zamberlin AND O'Brien unless somebody fronts the money to pay off the contract.

Joe needs to get this road thing figured out. ISU is dogged by a current streak of 21 straight losses and seems to get worse every year. Joe needs to ask himself, what was I doing earlier in my career at ISU so that I was performing just "poorly" in road games instead of abysmal.

Record, winning %, year

0-9 (0.00): 2010-2011
1-16 (0.06): 2009-2010
2-15 (0.12): 2008-2009
4-13 (0.24): 2007-2008
5-13 (0.27): 2006-2007

Does Joe really have another year on his contract? If so I'm sorry. How does a team not win a road game for a year and a half, especially with all those seniors last year? Joe has got to go, clearly he isn't getting the job done up there.

I asked a question when O'brian was offered this contract. It was something a friend asked after watching O'brian coach for his first couple of years. I asked do we really want to offer an extention to O'brian seeing as what we were seeing was as good as he would ever do. My friends reasoning; O'brian does not know how to recruit Div. I talent and what he does recruit are kids who are mainly defensive players. When he does get an offensive minded player he beats them down for missing shots and not being defensive players until they lose their confidence and quit shooting. This was obvious when he was winning some games. Keep in mind his best players when he won some games were Oliver kids, who by the way were all from Idaho. He now has his kids and the team is not as good as it was three years ago. We cannot score enough to win games consistently. Oh yeah will have a good game once in a while but over all we cannot score enough to be competetive. This leads back to what was said of O'brian prior to his hiring. While successful as a JC coach he would have trouble recruiting and coaching at the Div. I level. He came from a feeder school where top schools placed kids who needed to get eligible, just like CSI. He had never had to recruit and it shows when you look at what we put on the court. He also did not have to be a offensive minded coach because he almost always had better talent than the teams he played. You can win at the JC level by playing good defense and using your superior talent to score. Look at what he recruits, mainly slashers who score most of thier points driving into the lane. That works great except he forgot that if you cannot score with jump shots from the outside teams just callapse into the key and stop your drives leading to allot of missed shots. Frankly, O'brian should have never been hired and should never have been given a three year contract extension. Any coach who is just barely getting by should not have a three year contract, one year contracts until you prove you can get it done.

Latest posts

Back