• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

38-28 ISU

up for the challenge said:
We are a below average team in the Big Sky Bhumble. At least we beat the bottom teams in Cal Poly and Portland State. Next year maybe a better season.
Okay

What can you say... tons of yards, possession, first downs... game over with no playoffs this year. Hope they don't mail it in. Plenty to play for.

It really is too bad, if ISU were just a fraction better they could be BSC champs.... the BSC is way down this year.

biobengal said:
What can you say... tons of yards, possession, first downs... game over with no playoffs this year. Hope they don't mail it in. Plenty to play for.

It really is too bad, if ISU were just a fraction better they could be BSC champs.... the BSC is way down this year.

I agree there is plenty to play for still. Win your last home game for starters. Win to stay away from the cellar. A winning season is still on the line also. They will #DigDeep this week I think against a solid cal Davis team who will be coming off a win today

While I have enjoyed this year much better than 2015 and 2016, it is a bit premature to think the rebuild of ISU is done, that the team is ready to be a Big Sky contender, and that we could had made the playoffs this year.

ISU has four wins this year. They are against:
Western Oregon, a DII school currently with a 2-7 record
Nevada-Reno, a DI, FBS school currently with a 1-7 record
Cal-Poly, a Big Sky school currently with a 0-8 record
Portland State University, a Big Sky school currently with a 0-8 record.

Thus, ISU has 4 wins against four teams with a combined record of 3 wins and 30 losses.

As for the Big Sky standings, ISU currently sits in 9th place with 8 teams ahead of them. ISU does not or did not play three of the top four teams in the conference this year (Eastern Washington, NAU, and Southern Utah).

I am not discounting the better fighting spirit of the team or the improved offense, I am just saying again that the team has lots of work to do to become a Big Sky contender. I hope that we can show improvement and beat Cal-Davis at home next week. Go Bengals!

Good analysis Spudbowl and I agree. Then you have Bhumble predicting we would win by 10 points at Montana State. Come on Bhumble you can predict better than that.

Good analysis Spudbowl and I agree. Then you have Bhumble predicting we would win by 10 points at Montana State. Come on Bhumble you can predict better than that.

How was your prediction champ?

poop for the challenge does what he always does. He instigates, then cries and calls foul when anybody calls him on it. His act got old long ago.

JJB said:
poop for the challenge does what he always does. He instigates, then cries and calls foul when anybody calls him on it. His act got old long ago.

Bhumble can handle it as he knows I was joking with him. I was surprised to see his prediction by ISU winning by 10 points at Montana State since Montana State had a better record. He is normally close with his predictions.

JJB said:

Bhumble can handle it as he knows I was joking with him. I was surprised to see his prediction by ISU winning by 10 points at Montana State since Montana State had a better record. He is normally close with his predictions.
Wait until you see my Davis prediction. I may disappoint you.

I have to point out that if ISU's kicking game hadn't blown up during the 1st quarter the game could've had a much different ending. The Bengals had to go for it on 4th down fairly deep in MSU territory three different times because their placekicker took himself out of the game, leaving them with no one to kick field goals. Had we scored on each of (or even two of those three) those possessions the complexion of the game could have been totally different.

However, I totally agree with the point about our strength of schedule. We've not had to play EWU, SUU and NAU. We'll get a really good test this weekend against UC-Davis, and then when we close out the season at Weber.

Ya, seriously whats with the Kicker not being able to kick? is he not practicing all week (red flag if he is not)? kicking differently in games (red flag again)?

Lets be generous and give ISU 3 field goals through the 1st 3 quarters.... that would have given us the lead at some point, instead of playing from behind.... I get that there is way more to the game but seriously, place kickers score more points (usually) than any other position throughout a career.

I'm pretty disapointed that we've lost that part of the team multiple times, with 3 kickers on roster....

Time to dig deeper into the bag of tricks

Fellas, looking forwatd to a good game Saturday. I wish i could make the trip north for this one. Just one critique. There is a Cal Worthington, Cal (UC Berkeley), but no Cal Davis :).

http://www.compughterratings.com/FCS/rankings

43 ranked UC Davis
79 ranked Idaho State

Computer rankings. Bhumble. Do not let that influence your prediction as it is Senior Day at Holt Arena.

http://www.compughterratings.com/FCS/rankings

43 ranked UC Davis
79 ranked Idaho State

Computer rankings. Bhumble. Do not let that influence your prediction as it is Senior Day at Holt Arena.

Same prediction 38-28 ISU

Latest posts

Back