• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

4-3 defense

Bengal_believer

So it sounds like the coaching staff is making some core changes to style on D.

I have several questions please anyone answer them!

1. What about Mario Jenkins? In the article in ISJ no mention of him, even as a back up....
2. What effect will this have on our secondary? I thought we were told all year that we struggled in the top end of our D?
3. Is this permanent or are they gonna switch back if a named starter goes down?
Can't wait to hear the answers...

Mario is not practicing during the spring along with a handful of others. The 3-4 is hard to run in college and they think they may be able to generate a more effective pass rush with a four man front. A pass rush only helps the secondary out.

Not saying it will or will not work but they are hoping a 4-3 alignment will improve the run defense as the LB's aren't playing two gaps.

The 4 - 3 defense appeared to work well against our offense in the last scrimmage game of the spring. Maybe, the defense had the advantage due to bad weather conditions. Kramer said his defense played well against his offense which did not show up to play. I hope the OL reports to Fall Camp in good physical condition. It seems like the OL always has issues with unavailability during the Spring and Fall. Maybe, too many burgers and playing X-box during the off season instead of time running and working out in the weight room.

Up:

I seriously doubt your last statement. And remember the team will be without one lineman for next year who had major reconstructive surgery this past January.

PBP

I don't know what it is about "burgers and Xbox burgers and Xbox burgers and Xbox.... :roll: I don't see how your slam correlates with your comment. ...are they getting injured eating and playing Xbox?

PBP - Kramer last interview with the Idaho Journal to end the spring scrimmage is nothing new as his OL starters always seem to be unavailable whether it is during the spring, fall, or during the season. I am not talking about OL players that had a surgery or will be having a surgery. Kramer was not happy with his offensive play calling during the final scrimmage but it also seemed to me that he was using the excuse that his offense did not click very well due to his 3 OL starters not being available to play.

Up:

I was specifically referring to your comment about burgers and X-Box. These guys don't just screw off for six months. They have weight training, stretching, running and "voluntary" workouts through out the summer. Just go by the practice field in the early evening almost any night of the week in the summer and watch the guys throwing, running routes, hitting the sleds trying to stay in shape.

I understand some of the folks on the board dislike Mike Kramer and that's fine everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm still waiting to see suggestions from anyone as far as who would be available and who would be better should he leave or get fired.

In football ISU has had basically 45 years of at best mediocre football for reasons that were in their control and beyond it. It's hard to change that or expect someone who potentially could do so to choose Pocatello as their destination.

I've told Mike this, to his face, if he can't turn things around no one can because Chris Petersen isn't walking through the doors or Nick Saban or Urban Meyer.

PBP

PBP:

I was joking about the burgers and playing x-box as I know the OL put in the time to stay in top condition. It just seems to me that some of the OL are unavailable during the Spring, Fall, and during the season. This Spring was no exception. I am not counting surgeries. Do you agree or not?

The players that work out together during the summer months are normally the players that are from this area and / or players needing or wanting to attend summer school. The majority of the players go home during the summer months as they work and cannot stay the summer months as their scholarship money is not available during the summer.

I like Kramer as a coach. I hope he has a great season. A new NFL style practice field, a new weight room, a new locker room, a new turf field and a new scoreboard inside Holt Arena, and having a winning season in 2014 should have helped his recruiting of new players over the past 5 years.

The 2016 team should be Kramer's "dream team" as this team is no longer considered a rebuild after 5 years of recruiting players and hiring of new coaches. Do you or anyone else agree or disagree that this should be his dream team after 5 years of signing players or rebuilding this team?

I hope all of the players are healthy and available after Fall Ball to open up the new season in 2016.

Latest posts

Back