• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

A good one that got away

Skippy

Chad Hansen, who transferred to Cal after playing as a true freshman for ISU in 2013, caught 14 balls for 160 yards and two TDs tonight against Hawaii.

Skippy said:
Chad Hansen, who transferred to Cal after playing as a true freshman for ISU in 2013, caught 14 balls for 160 yards and two TDs tonight against Hawaii.

I watched the game. Chad is Cal number one receiver going into the season. He paid his dues by sitting out a season during transfer per NCAA rules. Chad did not redshirt his freshmen year at ISU and played well as a true freshmen. He made a decision to transfer which any player can do. Like Skippy said, a good one that got away". Chad would have been a senior this year at ISU but red shirted at Cal during his transfer yearso he is a junior at Cal. I am glad Chad played for us one year as a freshmen as he contributed to the team. Better than red shirting him his freshmen year and transferring as to me that is a waste of scholarship, time, and effort by the coaches during practice but some people will disagree as some will say it is good to red shirt freshmen as they have 5 years to play 4 years.

Hansen, the leading receiver in the nation, had another huge night last night with 12 catches for 186 yards and two TDs vs Texas. His lack of scholarship offers out of high school and his transfer from ISU were repeated topics on the broadcast last night.

Do you think Chad would have stayed at ISU if Kramer had red shirted him his freshmen year? I doubt it as others have left after their red shirt freshmen year. Not a high percentage but some.

Chad left because his dad wanted him to. He wanted to stay, and his dad had a connection with Cal, and got him a spot on the team. Chad said he wanted to stay. He liked Pocatello.

Why did Chad father allow to come to ISU in the first place as there are many JUCO's in SoCal. Chad was not recruited by Cal while he was at ISU. He was a walk on at Cal. Chad had to earn his scholarship at Cal.

Good points UFTC. And I do not know the answer. I would assume that after he was immediately successful as a freshman here, his dad started looking for a bigger school and got him a spot on Cal as a walk on.

Yes, that is why there is an NCAA loss of one year eliligibilty transfer rule if a player wants to move up from FCS to FBS. In this case, Chad used his red shirt year to sit out one year when he transferred to Cal.

Latest posts

Back