• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

A tough road back

Skippy

The Bengal women have reached the conference championship game each of the last two years. If they are going to make it three in row, they’re going to have to navigate a tough bracket. The Bengals, who beat Montana tonight to finish fifth in the regular season standings, open with what should be a relatively easy win against Southern Utah Monday.

But then they would face a Weber State team that swept the Bengals this year in the second round. And if ISU beats the Wildcats, then regular season champion Northern Colorado could be waiting in the semis. It’s a tough road and it all starts Monday.

Regardless of what happens it's been another terrific season for the women. Third straight year with at least 18 wins and considering their lack of home games and the non-conference schedule they have to play that's damn impressive.

Job well done (yet again) by Seton, his staff and the players.

PBP

Here's the bracket, as shown on Twitter by the Big Sky...

https://twitter.com/BigSkyWBB/status/969805904823574528

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BigSkyWBB/status/969805904823574528[/tweet]

This isn’t Bengal related but it is remarkable— Eastern Washington’s Delaney Hodgins set the Big Sky single game scoring record with 46 points against Northern Arizona last night. She was 7 for 7 from three. The 46 points broke the previous record of 41 points held by six players, most recently by Maranne Johnson of Sac State last week.

BTW, Hodgins scored 37 against Southern Utah Wednesday night, giving her 83 points in the two games. Guess who won the Big Sky Player of the Week award this week? 😀

The old saying, "it is difficult to beat a good team three times" might hold true for WSU and Northern Colorado against the Bengals. I have no idea if it is true or not, but if I were a top four women's BSC team, I would not want to face the Bengals. ISU is a really good #5 team capable of big games and big wins. We might be knocked out early in the tourney but when ISU gets things together they are a very good team. Fingers crossed for another good run.

spudbowl said:
The old saying, "it is difficult to beat a good team three times" might hold true for WSU and Northern Colorado against the Bengals. I have no idea if it is true or not, but if I were a top four women's BSC team, I would not want to face the Bengals. ISU is a really good #5 team capable of big games and big wins. We might be knocked out early in the tourney but when ISU gets things together they are a very good team. Fingers crossed for another good run.

I think UNC is the prohibitive favorite with Savannah Scott back and Idaho cooled off, but one never knows…

Latest posts

Back