• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

A very wise man...

Skippy

...once told me you' re never as good as you look when you dominate, and you're not as bad as you look when you get dominated. With that preface, some observations from Saturday:
---the downfield passing game that made this ISU offense so devastating last year was nowhere in sight. The play calling was conservative, the O-line did not do a good job protecting, and Sanders has to read the defense better and get the ball out quicker.
--The special teams remain a mess. Mike can call out the fans if he likes, but the repeated refusal to return punts is maddening. The kickoff coverage team got burned once, and almost gave up another long return. 30-yard punts are the norm. And we had the high snap on the punt that led to a field goal, despite a good stand by the defense.
--the offensive line lost Carey and Phillips to injury and Vazorka was already out for the season. The much ballyhooed depth will be tested.
--I like the defense, I think they have the potential to be pretty good. The younger players are going to have to get more time and grow throughout the season.
--the schedule is brutal, we all knew that coming in. So beating Portland was key. Now the Bengals go on the road until Oct. 17, and they will be underdogs in every game. This stretch will be a real test for the coaching staff and the character of the leaders on this team. I don't know if ISU can win any of these four games, but I am hopeful we see coaching adjustments and competitiveness from the players.
--it's amazing how the trolls and anti-Kramer types come out on this board after a loss. We see "posters" who have never been on the board before. Mike Kramer has been through all of this many times in his career. I have faith he'll keep the program moving forward. We all had high expectations coming in this season. Those expectations may not be met now, but the bigger challenge will be can the coaches and players keep improving as the season goes on.

I'm glad to be on board, I hope ISU wins the conference. I bet right now a few teams in the BSC are released about the outcome of yesterday's game. It's gonna be an uphill battle. Kramer was probably right about the lack of cheering on 3rd down. In the section I was in there were maybe a handful of people making a peep on 3rd down. I haven't missed a home game in 8 years, I know what it's like to cheer when we're down. I thought we were past all that.

I'll be watching every week still, still cheering on third down. Anybody else in?

I'll be there! I have my tickets to the Boise game, and I'm front row 50 yard line visitors sideline @ the game in Las Vegas. I'll be cheering on 3rd down....as I am always at the Dome. You can always find me on the North side, west 40 yard line, front row. I'm the one flapping my arms like a bird trying to get others to stand up and yell! And if you're old and it too hard to stand up, THEN DON'T SIT DOWN!!! (joking of course...kinda) GO BENGALS! ! !

What most fans fail to see is just how big losing Don Bailey was. It seemed as if after that first drive Portland State made some defensive adjustments and Coach Cross had no idea on how to adjust the offense to beat it. I can't remember how many times I saw a linebacker either on Madison Mangum or Broc Malcolm and instead of attacking them and exposing the matchup we went away from it like we were scared. Coach Bailey was great at attacking and exposing matchups and adjusting to what the defenses tried to do to stop us. Hopefully we see some improvement over the next few games.

Latest posts

Back