• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

A win, however ugly, is a win

Skippy

Idaho State has now won 8 of 9 games after an ugly win over NAU tonight, 64-60. The Bengals never trailed but struggled to shake off a 3-13 Axer team. ISU scored just 26 points in the first half. The Bengals had fits and starts in the second half and were able to hang on for the win.

Jared Stutzman has really continued to grow into his role, scoring 18 points and grabbing 8 rebounds. This came on the heels of a carerer-high 23 point-effort vs SUU Thursday night. Blake Truman had probably his best game as a Bengal with 7 points and 4 rebounds, and he showed some signs of filling the gap left by Kyle Ingram’s unavailability.

So now the Bengals go on the road to North Dakota, a team Bill Evans has never beaten. The ISU win streak has largely been built on the backs of bad teams — Weber State excepted. If the Bengals can get a win on this UND-UNC road trip, it will give the program another shot of confidence and credibility.

Even though there wasn't much good to see in tonight's game, the good news is this team is filled with team players. Tonight they sometimes overpassed and overdribbled trying to stick to the game plan. There's not one player that feels he's "the man". It is good to have someone as the "go-to guy", but not at the expense of team ball. These guys are learning how to also play pretty good team defense, as well. They're not perfect and have a long way to go, but they're sure fun to watch and it's a blessing to be able to see and call all of their games.

This team has made giant strides from previous teams. They are fun to watch, and they are winning, but it's a bit disconcerting to hear the same comments crop up like, "win streak against bad teams", "wasn't much good to see", "not good", and "wish I knew." I picked up a book by Coach John Wooden and he had a list of 15 Principles for himself to keep in mind as a Head Coach. What was #1 on the list? "Basketball is a game of habits." Now, of course we don't have a John Wooden, but it would be nice to know how to turn some of those comments around. What are the proper habits to do that? And, how can that happen?

The next home games are in Reed, yes? It would be great to see some major marketing starting this week to pack the gym.

I'm telling you, $16 is TOO EXPENSIVE for a home basketball game.

https://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AIDSU%3ABB17%3ABB8%3A&linkID=idsu&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=MBB&cgc=

I can go to the movies for around $10 a ticket. It adds up for a family. Believe me, I've been told this by more than one person. When I told somebody this in the athletic office, it fell on deaf ears. Check tickets online for Idaho, NAU, Weber, and SUU. ALL have cheaper tickets available online. We are in a time when people do everything online. If there are cheaper tickets available, you had better make sure they can be seen online.

It would be great to start filling up the stands, but changes need to be made from online ticketing prices to where the students sit. Mix things up. During the Youngstown State game a couple of us were thinking out loud and saying how fun it might be to do something behind the east basket. What about making it something like a party zone? What about getting a business like Brady's to bring in a portable hot tub and run a contest with students where they can watch the game from there. I've seen this at football games. Somebody on the Facebook page mentioned a while back about putting in some portable suites for games, why not do something similar for basketball?

This is a fun team to watch. Winning helps, but you have to compete for entertainment dollars.

sasquatch said:
The next home games are in Reed, yes? It would be great to see some major marketing starting this week to pack the gym.

For both the men AND the women who host No. Dakota and No. Colorado this week in two absolutely huge basketball games.

Any idea about Jacob McCord? Madison Guernsey of the ISJ tweeted he was out for the game because of an illness, but didn't hear anything during the game. Hopefully a day by day basis..?

SLCBengal said:
Any idea about Jacob McCord? Madison Guernsey of the ISJ tweeted he was out for the game because of an illness, but didn't hear anything during the game. Hopefully a day by day basis..?

Don’t know McCord’s status but I know he didn’t play Saturday. Kimberly did get his first minutes against NAU.

Latest posts

Back