• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

AD Jeff Tingey

tuffgong

I was just curious where all of our awesome friends are that cried nepotism and heaped on Jeff Tingey for the longest time? Fact is, men & women lie, numbers don't. His track record with his hires in the athletic dept. are basically speaking for themselves. This is as proud and as happy as I've been as a Bengal fan since about 2003.. Let the Beat Build!!

I said it back then and I'll say it now, but Jeff had the exact qualifications that you would want in an A.D. at Idaho State...he was an assistant A.D. prior, wanting to do a great job, and he had the caveat that he was from Pocatello.

Has he and will he make mistakes? Sure, we all do, but I'll tell you what...any mistake is miniscule next to the accomplishments he has done there. He let's people do their jobs, and hence you get things like new turf, a softball stadium, and great coaches.

My A.D. (well, Vice President of Athletics) has world's of experience and is just awesome to work for. My guess is when my A.D. was younger...he was a lot like Jeff, which means he is only going to get better, and that's bad news for the rest of the Big Sky, and great news for Idaho State.

I so vividly remember he and I sitting in my office discussing different scenarios when Paul was placed on leave, but even then he had a plan and had different scenarios pieced out and how he wanted things to go.

Some of my funnest times at ISU were working with him. I'm guessing I'm not the only person who says that.

Frank

Not a JT fan although I will say his hires have been successfull or at least more successful than the previous hires. With that being said tuff and frank two questions....

1.) Does he give 100% backing and support to the coaches he DIDN'T hire like he does to the ones he DID hire.

2.) If you answer no to number one, why? Seems like from what I have read and been reading he supports the teams, programs, and budgets of the the sports of coaches he replaced.

Be honest you two...

I think Jeff has did a solid job so far. Obviously, I think that there is room for improvement. He is a young AD and I agree that his best days are probably ahead of him. However, I like the idea of him growing into the position and I don't have a problem with his father working for the university nor do I have a problem with the perception that he works under the direction of the school president.

What I have seen is 3-4 solid hires and a boatload of facility improvements in a tough economy. Ever since I was a kid, I have always heard how terrible and unapproachable the ISU AD's were. In fact, guys like Babe Cassia and Tom Jewell were loathed and chastised during their tenure much the same as Jeff has been ridden hard up to this point in his career. It is funny how history ends up judging AD's, almost in the same fashion as history judges the president of the United States. Jeff is going to get all the credit when things are good and all the credit when things are bad.

I have read on here that Jeff is not approachable and doesn't seem to care about the student athlete. In my limited interaction with Jeff, I have found him to be very engaging and approachable. It does seem that he is a little uncomfortable in front of crowds, but he will be more commanding as he grows into the position.

As a wise man (my dad) once told me...the athletic director is there to run the athletic department, not to be everyone's friend.

I think this guy has the potential to be a keeper...

It's time for people to get over the initial hiring and begin to appreciate what has been done for approximately the last 3 years. It's also time for the other side to essentially stop sticking out their tongues and saying, "nyah nyah! Told you so!" A united following is going to benefit this program.

ISU needed stability at the AD spot, and it finally has it. It needed somebody who was looking to improve the infrastructure, not his/her resume. A longer term athletic director can build AND nurture the relationships which are so important for fundraising.

There's still a lot of work to be done. I'm more impressed with the new facilities and improvements than I am with the hires. Those would have eventually come - you just need to lay the foundation for them.

Vailas also needs to be commended for taking the restraints off of the athletic department. Bowen divided the university like no other. Ask votb how much on-air fundraising Bowen allowed for the public university radio station.

I think Jeff sticking through the Zamberlin era is proof positive that he supports coaches he didn't hire (and for full disclosure, I love John...great guy who just didn't get it done at ISU).

I think it's only natural to support and feel better about your own hires, but after what, four years, almost five, or the job, the coaches he didn't hire must surely feel comfy with him, as he feels comfy with them. The guy was my biggest supporter, and he didn't hire me.

What most people don't know about Jeff is this...he is incredibly funny. Perfect sense of humor for the job....he's really a big picture guy.

Frank

You are such a moron tigerblood. Most people on this board know who tuffgong is, and he most definitely doesn't work in athletics. We've been through this before. You think the only people who support Tingey are people who work in the athletic department. Give me a break. Tingey has done a great job as AD and should be commended. Go back to the Krosch family reunion and stop your stupid agenda.

And no.. I'm not an athletic department employee either.

watching his interviews the last couple of days re: O'brien he looks like a kid, who is way over his head... Good luck with him ISU

Latest posts

Back