• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Admin.-Coaches and Players, YOU OWE US WINS!

Bengal Roar

Yea, that is what i said. You OWE this community WINS! For all the crap that we take for losing seasons and all the crap we take defending a program that's below par, you owe it to the fans and this community.
I know I know we are in a rebuilding mode. We have been in that for 20+ years. Enough excuses. And don't get me wrong, there are plenty of people in the community that need to give back to ISU.

I don't care if so and so threw for 300+ yards anymore. I don't care if so and so is going to break the all time receiving record anymore. I don't care if so and so has 10+ rushing per carry anymore. Give me a WIN! We are camouflaging the losses with personal records broken. Yea, it is cool when we are winning. We are in third place i believe and getting close to 1st in having the longest losing streak (record) in the nation.

For all the things people do in the community for this University. With the time and effort people give year in and year out to raise money and rally behind these programs- YOU OWE US WINS! For all the time people spend raising money for the student athletes to have scholarships here and to be able to play at ISU. Players, think of it as a privilege to play. YOU OWE US WINS!

I am not throwing in the towel by any means and i support our Adm.-coaches and players 100% but i will tell you this. Many people are starting to get numb to losing.(including myself) And people are starting to withdraw themselves and associating with different teams and giving money to different schools. There will always be fairweather fans. But there will always be the faithful that come out EVERY WEEK and follow and travel to support the Bengals and have been taking this abuse far to long. YOU OWE US WINS!

It seems the stigma is still lingering about and no one wants to approach it or get rid of it. (maybe Pres and Tingey will?) I still take my family to the games and still hear from my wife and kids "the Bengals lost again." And yes we have fun and the fun of the heart racing as we play catch up and score another and another but TOO LATE the clock has expired and the Bengals have lost again by 3 points or a TD. Some people say "great comeback" and we should be proud and we will learn and get better for next week and well, next week comes and the same old verbage spews from the mouth. (including my mouth) I am beginning to remember the story about the kid who cried wolf one too many times and then no one believed him and he is eaten or forgotten.

I support you Bengal Nation! I support you Pres.Vailas,Tingey, Coaches and Players. I only hope the future will be different with you. I will continue to support you. Please remember (and i know most of you do) the time, energy and money people give in this community to better the University athletics and student athletes. YOU OWE US WINS!

Okay Bengals, it is the Hall of Fame game and you will be on Altitude Sports for the Nation to watch. We are at home. Lets retake that home field advantage and show them what we are made of. NO EXCUSES! NONE! YOU OWE US WINS! Go Bengals!

the administration, coaches, and players do not 'owe' us (you?) anything

either be a fan and suffer through the dry spells - no matter how deep or long they are - or go away

the administration, coaches and players will continue to do their best every game, every practice, every day

spartan said:
the administration, coaches, and players do not 'owe' us (you?) anything

either be a fan and suffer through the dry spells - no matter how deep or long they are - or go away

the administration, coaches and players will continue to do their best every game, every practice, every day
:?: :?:
That's all we need for more people to go away

And I am, once again, inclined to agree with spartan (wow, somethings are bound to change, eh?) Red Sox fans suffered for 88 years before winning a title. Us Buckeyes suffered for 34 before winning one in 2002. Texas went without a championship for 35 (and that one, in 1970, was split with Ohio State). LSU's title in 2003-2004 was their first since 1959. All those schools had some rocky years. God, Oklahoma sucked terribly in the 1990's.

Miami, the empitome of championships and winning seasons, was just plain horrible. Recruiting calls were placed OVER PAY PHONES ON THE CORNERS OF STREETS!!! They were on the verge of dropping to 1-AA before 1978, when Howard Schnellenberger was hired.

We will endure. We will rebuild. The fans must show some heart, something that hasn't been done for awhile. When we get some crazy ass fans, the teams will finally have something to play for. And I mean that in every decent, good-intentioned sense.

What Roar was saying is that we are getting tired of losing. The schedule this year is and has been a recipe for disaster.
Super- we appreciate your ultimate fan-ness, but don't talk to Roar about heart. This guy was all Bengal when your head was as big as a grape. Lots of us have heart and have paid our dues. some of us for 20-30 years. He's not asking for an instant championship, he wants some wins.
So what I'm saying is that this is a time to pull together, not apart. It will get better right away. probably this weekend. After all, we are the Mighty Mighty Bengals. Don't forget that and when we win conference ill have you up to the house and we'll have a few in the Bengal room.

ps- we are 0-1 in conference.
oh yeah- dont use miami as an example.

To a certain extent, I'm on board with Roar. I understand the frustration. As a new football season approaches, I always get excited about my teams... swear up and down that this is the year that it all turns around. Nope. Not this year. Oh well, maybe next and then next...

I don't know how to bring it up, so I'll just do it. Hopefully, the fallout will be minimal... The administration needs to check in with the program. How can they have boxes of fall sports schedules and posters in their office on September 12? Why are they not distributed to schools and businesses throughout Eastern Idaho? Why print them and pay for them if they are going to be left in the boxes? The football team, soccer team and volleyball team have to focus on the game, the admin has to focus on selling the teams to the community. Those boxes should be empty by game one. In this case, they've failed. Period. Who's got any use for an old, outdated schedule/poster? This is one obvious example. Where else can the admin. improve ISU athletics? And someone has to ask about the attendance.

No disrespect intended to any admins. But this is the first time that I have taken the initiative and actively pursued the schedules for my office windows. I will continue to do that for the rest of this year and next and then the next... I guess it feeds my early season enthusiasm.

Most of us on this board are true Bengal fans. Until the administration gets excited and the excitement permeates out to the community, we are going to have to carry the ball, folks.

One more thing... Yoda has a great point, the conference record at this point is 0-1. Regardless of the nasty schedule up to this point, there's still time to make this a great season.

Okay, now I'm down from my soapbox.

Go Bengals!

Accept my apology, Roar and yoda. I know that everyone on this board bleeds black and orange. It wasn't my intent on saying that Roar is any less of a fan than I. I've just got a very quick trigger, that's all, hahahaha!

When we do have those cold ones, make sure mine's a Jaegar!

I am in complete agreement with Roar on this one. Maybe not the same words.
This team owes us nothing. If you don’t like the product on the field, you leave and don’t support them. The players we have on the field are giving 100%. But as we can see that’s just not good enough. I myself have been on this level. We have kids on both sides of the ball that needs to be out there, but for some reason, the coaches are committed to certain players, and they are letting the better players die on the pine for whatever reason. I have seen a few kids leave the program in the last month. Have you noticed? You have to understand, to these kids winning is EVERYTHING and they know who needs to be out there. If we keep putting the same non productive kids out there, the moral of this team is going to get worse. I feel it’s time for a closed door meeting between the players and coaches and work this out. Or they can bring the players in one at a time. It doesn’t hurt to listen. A lot of you are not sold on Coach Z. But as an ex-player, I am.
I am totally convinced that he’s the man for the job. His assistants that are giving him advice on the players need to start correcting themselves.
Every assistant coach has there bias opinions on who should play and should not. After watching last game
I saw starting running backs going down before they were tackled. Why are they still in there?
I saw starting wide receivers not blocking on running plays. Why are they still starting?
I saw the QB grab certain running backs by the pads and correct them, because they forgot the play. Why is he still in there?
I saw the starting d-line with no energy and giving up on plays. Why are they still starting?
I saw LB trying to arm tackle, POOR pursuit, and taking the wrong angle. Why is this still happening?
I saw corner backs trying to knock the runner over, not wrapping up. Why are they still in there?
I saw safety’s letting the receiver get behind them. {Game after game}. WTF….That’s the one I’m sick of. Why is he still in there?
When you have played the game, these are the things I look for.
As you can see, this is a coach’s problem. All these can be fixed, ether with player personnel or attitude change. If you are starting, and you think your job is safe? I’m afraid to say that coach Z will disappoint a few of you. The changes are coming. You can go home and cry to your rich daddy, and say the coaches hate me, but the fact of the matter is you need to sit for the betterment of the team. Boosters, stay out of it. And you will see wins.

Latest posts

Back