• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

All-Big Sky Bengals

Skippy

Congrats to AJ Storms, Rodrick Rumble and David Harrington (first team), and Jordan Monga, Donovan Henley, Josh Hill, Braden Clayson and Bo Hudeen (honorable mention).

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2011/11/22/FB_1122115341.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How is Donovan Henley only honorable mention? He led the league in picks and was second in passes defended during conference play.

Donovan had a really nice year for the Bengals. But it's hard to compare stats between cornerbacks. I thought about this when I was voting for the FCS national awards earlier this week. Montana CB Trumaine Johnson had very mediocre numbers (10 pass breakups, no interceptions), and he won't get many votes for the Buck Buchanan award as a result. Yet, if you look at the NFL pre-draft rankings, Johnson is one of the highest rated players in the FCS. His stats are low because smart teams don't throw at him. Again, Donovan had a very good year and I'm glad he's a Bengal, but numbers, at least interceptions and PBUs, don't always tell the story for DBs.

Henley deserved AT LEAST 2nd team honors. I thought he was our best defender this year, glad to have him back next year.

At least second team in what I think, too. In my opinion this kid is better than any corner that ISU has had in a good long while. Plus, he is humble but confident and is solid academically. Just the type of kid that ISU needs when they do decide to go the JC route.

Henley was an absolute steal and a bright star on this years team.

Latest posts

Back