• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Alonzo Walker from Odessa College commits.

From Toronto originally, signed with Kent State out of high school, redshirted a year, played one season then transferred to Odessa. Had decent numbers at Odessa but played minimal minutes, especially down the stretch when Odessa was playing in the tournament. Late bloomer, didn’t start playing basketball until his sophomore year. 6-6, 210, pretty typical size for a Big Sky post player.

boisebengal said:
We need a center. With Novak leaving, Ingram may not be completely healthy. And Truman may not be the answer.

Welcome to small ball. Roster as of now, pending Ingram appeal:

Parker
Truman
Walker

Wings
Chivichyan
Stutzman
Moscan
Smellie

Sutton
Doyd

TBD
Legardy
Ingram

Seems athletic. We could use that. Should help Mocsan Boyd and Stutzman. (Would include Chivichyan but he is incredibly unreliable. Seems a constant bill dog house guy) Is he a starter tho?? Didn’t start at jc correct? Have to wonder if we are getting better players now that a new staff is coming in and bill is in his Last year. We need a big sign. imo

Skippy said:
This guy is from your neck of the woods Troy, you got a scouting report?

I don’t know anything about him. Watched the highlights and he looks athletic. Odessa College has been very good the last few years. Sometimes guys on really good teams play behind really good players.

With that said, I don’t see this guy as a very good get. I am hoping to be way wrong. In typical Idaho State fashion, if a team looks very good for the next season, it always explodes before they get there. Always in Football and Men’s basketball.

bengalcub said:
Skippy said:
This guy is from your neck of the woods Troy, you got a scouting report?

I don’t know anything about him. Watched the highlights and he looks athletic. Odessa College has been very good the last few years. Sometimes guys on really good teams play behind really good players.

With that said, I don’t see this guy as a very good get. I am hoping to be way wrong. In typical Idaho State fashion, if a team looks very good for the next season, it always explodes before they get there. Always in Football and Men’s basketball.

I hear ya, Troy, if history has taught any of us Bengals anything, it's to fear "the year after." As I look at this team, I'd say the ceiling is 6th place -- if Ingram gets another year, if Walker turns out to be a 10-and-6 a night PF, if Legardy gets eligible and provides scoring off the bench....a lot of ifs. I think the floor for this team, if Boyd, Stuztman and Moscan stay healthy, is 8 or 9. If there are unforeseen injuries, departures, off-court issues, etc, well that can happen to any team and then you're looking at an NAU-like season.

I think it’s times that we turn the page on Novak and wish him the best of luck at Utah. That being said let’s give our coaching staff credit for signing him he did only average 1 point a game when coming out of high school. That along with the players we now have Moscan, Boyd, Chivichyan, Ingram and Stutzman even though he was a transfer. Our staff recruited and signed all of those players and none of them had offers from any other school. Stutzman and Boyd made the All Conference Team when was the last time a ISU team that had two players named to the All Conference Team.That shows that Evans has a eye for players and can recruit. Getting a true Big is very hard most 6’8 thru 7 ft players want to shoot 3’s and handle the ball thanks to (Kevin Durant & Anthony Davis). Any big that averages 10/15 points coming out of high school signs with teams from the PAC 12 or BIG 10. Moving on to Walker I saw some film on him and he is very athletic and that’s just what Bill said he wanted in a interview last year, Bill wanted someone similar to Boyd (very athletic player). If Walker can give us 8/12 points and 4/6 rebounds GREAT we have plenty of shooters and scoring coming from Stutzman/Boyd/Moscan/Chivichyan all can score 20+ a game. More importantly we need Walker to replace GENO we need him to defend our opponents best player and allow our shooters to focus on scoring and staying out of foul trouble. With the roster we have now I believe we’re going to run a lot more and score in the 80’s it’s going to be hard to defend us. What we do need is our bench (Role Players) to come in and give us good minutes. Yes, recruiting a center would help BUT let’s focus on what we have and not what we loss. I still say we’re 1 maybe 2 players away from winning conference. I still think we will turn a lot of heads next season.

Agree we are only one or two away. But are we getting better with these new signs? Just my opinion but I think bill only having one year and all the turmoil on staff is having an affect on recruiting. Bill as we all know is a very nice guy but not the most charismatic. And now we’re hearing we don’t have Legardy or Parker? Why are we are we signing guys we’re not actually bringing in?? I’m worried we won’t get that important one or two sign. Agree with replacing Geno tho. Very important. Who’s the replacement?

I hope and think this is a plan. Hire Taylor whom Louis Wilson says is the best pick Evans has made since 92. Make room for Walker and Unengwu to up temple to take advantage of existing soph. class considerable scoring abilities with point forward and rebounding and speed. With the possibility of Ingram pouring more gas on the fire, a Villanova but smaller type team. With the possibility of a seamless transfer to Taylor in the future. Only have to beat the Big Sky not the Big East to start making some noise. GO BENGALS

Latest posts

Back