• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Amorrow Morgan

SLCBengal

Today's "Daily Dirt" from HoopDirt.com states former ISU player Amorrow Morgan, most recently an assistant at Nicholls State, will make the move to South Alabama of the Sun Belt Conference...

I can confirm that Amorrow Morgan is headed to South Alabama with Richie Riley. Morgan spent last season on Riley’s staff at Nicholls State. He has also been an assistant at Henderson State (AR), Our Lady of the Lake (TX), and Illinois Springfield. He will be the only NSU assistant joining Riley as Austin Claunch became the Colonels head coach, and John Aiken joined Heath Schroyer at McNeese State. No word yet on the rest of the staff.

Now this is a name all Bengal fans should remember! He was great player here during his tenure. Should be giving him a call to takeover the reigns here at Idaho State.

I think that would be a good move to bring Amorrow in as head coach after Evans contract expires next year. Give an up and coming guy a shot at being a head coach. I feel that is the only way we upgrade at head coach, get a former Bengal the come to ISU, we would have a hiring edge with Amorrow. He would also have a good idea what he is getting into. Anyone else have thoughts on Amorrow as head coach in a year?

I can tell you from playing with Amorrow, and watching him coach his current players that he would be the change that ISU needs. Nobody outworked him, and he held everyone accountable while playing at ISU. Even if only a portion of that translates into coaching, the program would be in good hands. He has the connections across the country for recruiting and the tenasicity to land the necessary recruits. I do hope they consider this option!

I love Amorrow, but he’s still really young. Only 1 year as a division 1 assistant. Probably not ready for a D1 job just yet. Needs a few more years experience in my opinion. If you want to hire a former Bengal, Alvin Brooks makes more sense. 10 years D1 experience (Bradley, Sam Houston State, Kansas State and Baylor). I’d think Alvin is more ready for a D1 job.

I agree he is young, but we have had an older coach and we see how that is working out. Maybe some youthful energy will put some much needed life into the program. Yes Alvin has been doing a great job, very proud of him. Actually one of my favorites to ever suit up for us, but is he willing to take a substantial pay cut. I'm pretty sure being an assistant at Baylor pays much more than being the head coach at Idaho State.

Looking at a former Bengal could helps us with either Brooks or Morgan. It would at least get someone like Brooks to take a look. Might be the opportunity he is looking for to break into the head coaching ranks. Doesn't hurt to ask either one of them, the worst they could do is say no.

Latest posts

Back