• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

And so what would it take....

Skippy

...To get a crowd of 2,500 to Reed for a women's game? I ask because the women's team has been tremendously entertaining this year, 12-1 at home, and just a lot of fun to watch. Jay Heater's column on Sunday notes that few students attend the women's games. (I know the crowd is "older" than for men's games). I'm interested in folks' views on this topic. I know some people say they just don't enjoy "women's" basketball, for example. But my car pool mate at work was convinced by his son to go to a women's game and has become a huge fan.

With all the key players coming back next year and some good recruits already in the fold, the Bengal women should be a lot of fun again next year. What will it take to fill Reed?

More conference wins coupled with a promotion or double header. If ISU had performed flawlessly (instead of losing 4 of 9) in conference games before the Montana game they may have reached 2,500.

I think 1,100 is a decent average, by comarison, the Idaho men averaged fewer than 1,300.

Well the women had almost a perfect home record this year, but you know those demanding Bengal fans -- they have pretty high expectations from all those undefeated teams and Big Sky championships...

All kidding aside, I think the women have a great core of supportive fans, just like this team has a great core of players to build on next season. Yes, we absolutely need more fans! Plus add a couple of JC bigs to the team, a loud and organized student section behind the visitors bench and a couple more road wins and we'll have a great recipe for success next year.

Good luck to the girls in Portland. :thumb:

Congrats to Chelsea Pickering (first team all-conference), Ash Vella and Kaela Oakes (honorable mention all-league). Good luck, ladies, against the Griz!

Latest posts

Back