• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

AND WHERE'S THOSE NEW SIGNINGS???......

Signing day ends next Wednesday. If we don't hear more by then, ouch. Until then good things can still happen. If they sign kids after the deadline than they are getting players that nobody else wanted for the most part. Division II caliber kids in my opinion. Diamonds in the rough do exist, but they are hard to come by.

But, they may have commitments that they aren't announcing yet. They may release them all at once and only acknowledge kids that have been leaked to the media.

I do know that they have lost 2-3 recruits that they were very high on to other programs, kids that they felt very good about.

I wasn't nervous 2-3 weeks ago, I am now. This is a critical weekend.

Tomas Sanchez of Fresno City College (6'3", co-MVP of Central Valley Conference, 1st Team All-State) may be on his way to ISU, according to the NorCal Basketball blog...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_dztdLTUmM[/youtube]

NorCal Basketball had a great writeup on Sanchez a couple months ago - http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2012/01/meet-fresno-city-colleges-tomas-sanchez.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

....but i haven't seen where sanchez's signing is "official" yet........only the one player.....ezenwa...is listed on the isu bengal website.....oh boy.....it feels like Christmas has come and gone...and we didn't get a stop from santa.....i don't like this feeling.....no i don't like this feeling at all..... :ohno:

Chris Hansen is listed on the official site along with Ezenwa.

http://isubengals.com/news/2012/4/25/MBB_0425123420.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But those are the only two officially listed. :wtf:

I hope this doesn't mean Evans is following the Doug Oliver and Joe O'Brien model of signing players late late late into the summer.

I understand ISU has commitments from two more key JC players but they will not announce them until they jump through some academic hoops that are required by Idaho State.

The class is almost entirely complete. Our panic and worries I believe are misguided, please trust me on this one, I cannot say more at this point in time.

Thanks Bengalcub, I have been very concerned about the lack of information for this upcoming season. I will trust your judgement and I hope they are a couple bigs.

What is the old addage...."Sometimes no news is good news!" This guy is coming from a top notch system. No worries. Let him do what he does best.

So, Cub, by *jumping through academic hoops*, does that mean Summer School classes to shore-up GPA? If so, then it will be a long time before we know what this recruiting class looks like. It's just agony to watch the slow drip of information. Hiring a new coach and coaching staff is exciting--we're expecting new ways of doing things, new attitudes and goals, and new recruits--new everything. Now we may have to wait weeks more to find out what shakes out of the tree? Frustrating. :twocents:

I can't deny that Summer School is part of the equation, but I cannot confirm it either. Wink Wink.

I am comfortable that they have at least 3 JC kids committed and a fourth is supposedly on board. I trust who I talk to, and to be honest, my sources have never been wrong on stuff like this.

I am with most on this, I am frustrated by not knowing who is on board or not. However, these things are going to happen when the whole athletic department is under an ACADEMIC GET WELL PLAN. No program is immune to the reach of the beefed up academic requirements.

This is the same stuff that Kramer has to go through as well. He has to get kids that are qualified for the increased requirements to have them come aboard. Sometimes that take a higher ACT score and sometimes it takes summer school or things like that. They won't officially announce them until they are eligible to play at ISU. In fact, Kramer still hasn't announced five or so kids that the football team is waiting on. But, I really believe that these coaches ARE NOT TAKING CHANCES and if they offer a kid, they must feel pretty confident that things will work out academically. So, most of the kids that we are waiting to see announced probably have very minor issues to take care of.

This is one of those things that people don't mention when they talk about what coaches ISU could have gotten for football and basketball. ISU needed to hire coaches that were in it for the long haul, not the short term. Both Evan's and Kramer came in handcuffed and they knew it when they took the job. Trust me, a number of potential coaches see ISU as a program that provides too many obstacles to be successful. Coaches that want to win right now to advance their careers, know that they cannot do it quickly at Idaho State. Just a little food for thought.

Thanks for listening, Cub. I appreciate your insight and perspective. It's time to relax and let the gears of progress grind away with a little less squeeking. *Fog* in the air seems to be clearing. :thumb:

Jucojuction shows Ayibakuro Preh 6'9" Center from Miles Community College signing with ISU
http://rivals.yahoo.com/jucojunction/basketball/recruiting/player-Ayibakuro-Preh-141001;_ylt=AjEAlnTMRZgV2bJ1nIdfYftoWpB4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I always worry when I don't see at least mid teens in scoring. If you can't score at the JC level, how do you score in D-1. BUT it looks like he may be very solid defensively. Lots of boards and lots of rebounds.

Latest posts

Back