• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Another Scholarship Available?

SLCBengal

Barry Hayes of HoopStarsCanada.com tweeted Vishal Banipal has left the team...

https://twitter.com/hoopstarscanada/status/205888886189207554" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bengalcub said:
A few defections should be anticipated. Four signed with one or two left.

Thinking mostly out loud here, but I wonder if at least one scholarship will be left unused as a sort of self-imposed penalty, assuming ISU's internal investigation turns up anything. Or is too soon to consider that?

Probably not a huge surprise there... he was a super late signing last year, probably never really fit that much in O'Brien's plans (just needed another body), so not a big shock that he wouldn't fit with Evans.

A lot of athletes didn't fit in the O'Brien mold. Just to have another body is a poor excuse to sign someone. I wouldn't sign a player if I didn't think he could play or that I didn't intend to use. The player is better off going somewhere else to begin with. Now, that being said, a freshman going into any program must realize that he won't get much playing time his first year, unless he is a top notch player. The article didn't give a reason, but ISU probably said "for personal reasons".

In the last year for O'Brien, I don't think his enthusiasm was any higher than those that left the program.

I think Evans will bring back the pride of ISU, at least I hope. One thing that will help is to show more interest in your recruits, especially the new comers or freshmen. I would assign a freshman and a jr. or sr. as room mates, and it would be their job to encourage the younger player.

Latest posts

Back