• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Any guesses on depth chart?

bengalcub

Here is my best guess... ;)

Offense
Pos No Player Ht Wt Cl. Exp. Hometown

QB 17 Russel Hill 6-0 200 So 1VL Boise, ID
8 Kyle Blum 6-4 200 Jr 1SQ Moorpark, CA
10 Evan Mozzochi 6-4 225 Fr RS Vancouver, WA

WR 6 Eddie Thompson 5-11 190 Sr 3VL-RS Sacramento, CA
83 Angelo Magee 6-2 200 Fr RS Corona, CA

WR 18 Isaiah Burel 6-2 180 So 1VL-RS Corona, CA
15 Edsel Logan 5-11 175 Sr 1VL-RS Charlotte, NC

WR 1 Jaron Taylor 5-11 180 Jr 2VL-RS Lacey, WA
82 Kelvin Krosch 6-6 215 Fr RS Mackay, ID

TE 44 Trevor Messersmith 6-3 250 Sr 1VL Galt, CA
88 Brad Walker 6-3 245 Jr JC Granite Bay, CA
-OR- 80 Tyler Hjelseth 6-5 215 So 1VL University Place, WA

RB 5 Clint Knickrehm 5-11 220 Jr 2VL-RS Pocatello, ID
29 Kenyon Blue 5-8 180 Sr 3VL-RS San Diego, CA

FB 40 Jayson Bird 5-11 225 Gr Tr Shelley, ID
32 Ken Cornist 5-11 215 Sr 3VL-RS San Diego, CA

LT 72 Evan Dietrich-Smith 6-4 300 Sr 3VL-RS Salinas, CA
79 Brad Shedd 6-7 275 Fr RS Flagstaff, AZ

LG 71 Lance Cartwright 6-6 305 Jr 2VL-RS Layton, UT
70 Adam Chadwick 6-3 285 Fr RS Dalton Gardens, ID

C 75 Ryan Henry 6-3 285 Jr JC Upland, CA
67 Nick Tranmer 6-0 275 So 1SQ-RS Pocatello, ID

RG 66 Mitch Rudder 6-3 290 So TR Nampa, ID
70 Adam Chadwick 6-3 285 Fr RS Dalton Gardens, ID

RT 58 Aaron Klovis 6-6 305 Jr 1VL Graham, WA
79 Brad Shedd 6-7 275 Fr RS Flagstaff, AZ

Defense

DE 48 Jeff Tuua 6-2 235 So 1VL-RS Long Beach, CA
59 Micah Cloward 6-3 250 Gr 2VL Casper, WY

DT 98 Demetrius Amos 6-1 300 Jr 1VL Los Angeles, CA
94 Scott Milbourn 6-1 300 Fr RS Houston, TX

DT 97 Josh Crittenden 6-3 255 Sr 1VL Brigham City, UT
50 Sean Rutten 6-2 230 So 1SQ-RS Pocatello, ID

DE 95 Jon Tuua 6-3 255 Jr JC Long Beach, CA
54 Mike Jablonsky 6-2 235 Sr 1VL Yorba Linda, CA

LB 52 Phillip Arias 6-2 215 So 1VL-RS Nampa, ID
20 Daniel Urias 6-2 230 Jr JC Laguna Hills, CA

MLB 12 Brad Rife 6-2 230 Jr JC Irvine, CA
36 Nic Edgson 6-1 225 Jr 2VL-RS West Vancouver, BC

LB 55 Ryan Phipps 6-0 225 Sr 2VL Corona, CA
11 Jeremy Gibson 6-1 205 Jr JC Richmond, CA

CB 2 D.J. Clark 6-2 200 Sr 3VL-RS Oceanside, CA
23 George Ortiz 6-0 180 Jr JC Las Vegas, NV

SS 21 Chris Holmesly 5-10 195 Jr JC Mission Viejo, CA
24 Keith Goins, Jr. 6-0 205 So 1VL Bloomington, CA

FS 25 Amir Owens 5-11 190 Jr 2VL-RS Tacoma, WA
-OR- 28 Rashaad Richards 6-0 190 Sr 1VL Pacoina, CA
-OR- 27 Dustin Tew 6-1 205 So TR-RS Idaho Falls, ID

CB 22 Kelvin Miller 6-1 180 Fr RS Lakewood, WA
4 Michael Wright 5-10 165 Jr JC Vista, CA

Special Teams

K 16 Jarrett Huk 6-1 175 Jr JC Pleasanton, CA
39 Mike Ramos 5-9 165 Jr RS Redlands, CA

KO 16 Jarrett Huk 6-1 175 Jr JC Pleasanton, CA
39 Mike Ramos 5-9 165 Jr RS Redlands, CA
43 Jon Vanderwielen 6-4 220 Jr 2SQ-RS Upland, CA

P 43 Jon Vanderwielen 6-4 220 Jr 2SQ-RS Upland, CA
16 Jarrett Huk 6-1 175 Jr JC Pleasanton, CA

H 8 Kyle Blum 6-4 200 Jr 1SQ Moorpark, CA
6 Eddie Thompson 5-11 190 Sr 3VL-RS Sacramento, CA
17 Russel Hill 6-0 200 So 1VL Boise, ID

KR 29 Kenyon Blue 5-8 180 Sr 3VL-RS San Diego, CA
5 Clint Knickrehm 5-11 220 Jr 2VL-RS Pocatello, ID
28 Rashaad Richards 6-0 190 Sr 1VL Pacoina, CA
32 Ken Cornist 5-11 215 Sr 3VL-RS San Diego, CA

PR 6 Eddie Thompson 5-11 190 Sr 3VL-RS Sacramento, CA
29 Kenyon Blue 5-8 180 Sr 3VL-RS San Diego, CA

SN-FG 72 Evan Dietrich-Smith 6-4 300 Sr 3VL-RS Salinas, CA
SN-FG 75 Ryan Henry 6-3 285 Jr JC Upland, CA

SN-P 47 Chris Kirkegaard 6-1 185 Fr HS Scottsdale, AZ
72 Evan Dietrich-Smith 6-4 300 Sr 3VL-RS Salinas, CA

Does anyone ever check out this cool blog?

http://isubengalblog.blogspot.com/

I check Frank's blog out a couple times a week. I find it to be informative as well as amusing. The only position I'm not sure of is the DT position, I've never been sure if the starter was Crittenden or Milbourne. Both Jeff Tuua and Sean Rutton wasted alot of time trying not to go to the D-Line, both play much better there than they did as Linebackers. As Michael Wright becomes familiar with what we do on special teams and defense he may push for more time. As with any year as new players become familiar with our system they may push for time and replace the starters.

I feel pretty good about the depth chart, but I have two big concerns.

On the offensive line--they are really only showing 8 guys on the two deeps. This isn't a major concern, but early in the spring we were talking about being 10-12 deep. Metcalf, Gant and Duncan are not here and what appeared to be one of the most talented units on the team in now an injury or two away from dipping into some true freshman. Make no mistake--the unit looks strong for the future.

On the defensive line--I get worried about not seeing Jason Jones and David Tyler in the rotation. Something about DT that are lighter than DE worries me a bit, too.

Of course these are only depth charts and they could change quite a bit over the next few weeks.

The DB's are a legit four deep at the corners and four deep at the safety position and that is a very improved unit. I also like the LB's when you can go to Gibson and Urias as backups. I think that will change as the season progresses.

How about and all Idaho starting backfield in Hill, Knick and Bird? I cannot believe that after a stellar FR campaign that Cornist has never ended up being a starter. With that said--I am jacked about CK being the starting TB.

The wideouts are loaded and TE's are loaded as well.

This team will no doubt be vastly improved and I see a .500 or better conference record in 08. Too bad that the administration decided 7 road games was the route they wanted to go and the overall record at the end of year will in no way reflect how much better off this team is.

I am excited about the future--really I am.

Jayson Bird has performed very well in the scrimmages and should see a significant amount of playing time this year. Cub, you have him listed as the starting fullback in a two-back set -- and I agree, I think he would play better there than he would as a featured back in a one-back set like he did up in Moscow. But honestly, we'll probably be running one-back sets at least 80% of the time, wouldn't you think. And only two-back sets in certain situations. Or did Zamberlin decide to run two-back sets most of the time this year? Also, Cornist is a bigger back, but last year he didn't have near the speed that Barnett did, and speed is something you can't coach and it's very beneficial to have speedy backs.

I was making a funny Boise...the depth chart is from Frank M's blog. So it is accurate to date.

As for two backs--maybe we will see it more. What I will bet is that the Bengals go with a RB by committee. All four should see carriers. Laporta and Fletcher will RS and they both will be very good.

Before I left to go over-seas I was talking about the defensive line was set, but the coaches would ticker with it. I was right they changed players on the line.
I feel this is a bad move. you now took your best three down lineman #93 that would receive one on one and put him at the nose to receive double and triple team. Coaches, put him back at the three and #94 at the nose. He is quicker stronger and knows the game a little better; he is strongest of the 4. #93 & #94 accommodate each other to well.
#50 is your second best 3. But #97, I guess you have to start, you’re a senior. But in my opinion his first 3 steps are to slow and he catches the blockers, maybe in time he will come around. The coaches know best. But for now change back before it’s too late.
I am back for the 4 days then I have to go back.

Concerns.

I agree with Cub--what I thought was a fix to the OL is now our same old problem; no quality depth. Will we ever get this damn thing fixed.

I have no problem with our TE and WR personnel--we are deep and good at these positions.

Still nervous about our QB position. Hasn't Hill thrown more interceptions then TD's during recent scrimmages?

I am confused about our offensive formation. Are we a one or two back set formation; if one, who is the featured back?

Haven't seen Crittenden, Tyler, Milbourn, or Jones play but Crittenden at 255#'s seems light for the DT position.

Still have not heard anything good about our pass rush. Are the Tuua boys going to get this job done? Are they and our OLBs quick enough to stop the sweeps?

DM,

I don't list anyone as a nose tackle on a depth chart...just ends and tackles....also, it should be noted that the D-Line is just like the receivers, probably doesn't matter who starts, because all of those eight guys are going to be in the ballgame a lot of plays.

ISUSID

Latest posts

Back