• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Any update on the 2015 schedule

BengalSapper

The AD talked about dropping BYU any news?

2015 Football Schedule on the ISU athletics.
Sept. 19 at Boise State
Sept. 26: vs. Portland State
Oct. 3: at Cal Poly
Oct. 10: at North Dakota
Oct. 17: vs. Eastern Washington
Oct. 24: at BYU
Oct. 31: at Sacramento State
Nov. 7: vs. Montana
Nov. 14: vs. Montana State
Nov. 21: at Weber State

I've been told the schedule still isn't finalized and that there probably will be some changes coming.

PBP

An interesting article today from the Kansas City Star:

BYU originally was scheduled to play at UNLV on Nov. 14, but UNLV agreed to move that game into the 2016 or 2017 season to allow BYU and Missouri to meet at Arrowhead that day.

That left a spot on UNLV’s schedule, which will be filled by Idaho State after BYU gave up a scheduled Oct. 24 home game against the Bengals. To replace the Idaho State game, BYU added a home game against Wagner College, an FCS program based in New York City, for Oct. 24.

Missouri and BYU will split the difference in Idaho State’s guaranteed money between its game contract with BYU ($420,000) and UNLV ($320,000).

In addition to that $95,000, the Missouri and BYU agreed to pay for Idaho State’s charter flight to Las Vegas, and for Wagner’s cross-country charter to BYU plus 57 hotel rooms for two nights, six team meals and ground transportation in Provo — three game-day buses, two passenger vans and an equipment truck.

Read more here: Kansas City Star: Mizzou-BYU football contract for Arrowhead game shows additional expenses

Wagner is a member of the Northeast Conference (NEC), and to my understanding, that conference limits athletic scholarships to 40 (give or take). Don't FCS schools have to sponsor 90% of the 63 scholarship limit in order for the game to count toward bowl eligibility for the FBS team..?

The Kansas City Star has obtained the BYU-Missouri game contract which details the deal with ISU:

BYU - Missouri Football Contract

ISU would have received $420,000 from BYU; UNLV will guarantee $325,000. The $95,000 difference will be paid to ISU by BYU and Missouri. Those schools will also pay for ISU's charter flight to Las Vegas. It seems like a better deal for ISU...

So is the UNLV game going to be on OCT 24 or will it be on a earlier data? UNLV still shows that they are playing BYU on NOV 15. BYU shows that they have replaced the OCT 24 ISU game. I got a time share that needs to be requested any info?

Mark Anderson, who covers UNLV for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, tweeted the following:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/markanderson65/status/560936333267709953[/tweet]

Kyle Franko also indicated the schedule on his blog:

Idaho State 2015 schedule
NEW
Sept. 5: vs. Black Hills State
Sept. 12: vs. Portland State
Sept. 19: at Boise State
Sept. 26: at UNLV
Oct. 3: at Cal Poly
Oct. 10: at North Dakota
Oct. 17: vs. Eastern Washington
Oct. 24: at Sacramento State
Oct. 31: BYE
Nov. 7: vs. Montana
Nov. 14: vs. Montana State
Nov. 21: at Weber State

ISJ Sports / Kyle Franko's Blog: Idaho State’s 2015 football schedule solidified

Four games in a row on the road -- with two of them against FBS teams!!! Ouch!!

But, I guess that is the result of playing our FBS games later in the season rather than in the first two or three games. Is it better to play a lower division school, followed by a very winnable home FCS game, and then go on the road against two FBS teams, as opposed to having the schedule front-loaded with a couple of FBS teams? I'm not sure. I guess I would rather not open with an FBS game.

Until we can figure out how to stop playing two money games a year, and start playing 6 home games EVERY year, scheduling will be our biggest impediment.

I understand the need to play money games. But five road games in six games, not very smart. Books may balance better but this team could be on the ropes in early October.

First time poster on here, so be nice to me. :D ...however, I have been following you guys almost daily for a few years, and haven't missed an ISU home game in 7 years.
I wanted to point out that although I agree that 4 road games in a row IS brutal, starting with 2 home games (that are VERY winnable) is nice. The confidence crushing start last season against Utah and Utah State all but insure a 0-2 start. This year, (before we hit the road to Boise and Las Vegas) we should be 2-0 to build some confidence to stay alive against Boise State and MAYBE upset UNLV. :tothehand:
The other option looks to me like we have the two money games to start the season to break up that 4 game road trip, and almost always be starting out 0-2 :thumbdown: Nothing's perfect, but this does seem to allow a shot at qualifying for the playoffs (accordingly to strength of schedule) with a few key road wins, and at least one win during the brutal 4 week road trip.
Any thoughts? After reading comments for years, I'm SURE you guys are more intelligent about these things than I am.

When you are playing two money games in an 11-game season, that means you essentially have to go 7-1 in Big Sky play to get into the playoffs. Not impossible, but a very difficult task, especially with Montana, MSU and EWU all on the docket this year.

Skippy, very true! I didn't think about the 11 games instead of the 12. But I do like the bye late in the season to help get healthy for Montana and MSU. In the dome I like our chances to avenge the MSU loss. I'm more worried about the away game at CalPoly. Am I crazy? (And I feel that because of our strong schedule, playoff chances could still be a HOPE of playoffs with 6-2 in the conference and 7-4 over all. (8-3 with the upset at UNLV, or sweep both Montana schools and EWU, or a road win at Cal Poly) Thanks for the info/thoughts.

BengalBannMan said:
Skippy, very true! I didn't think about the 11 games instead of the 12. But I do like the bye late in the season to help get healthy for Montana and MSU. In the dome I like our chances to avenge the MSU loss. I'm more worried about the away game at CalPoly. Am I crazy? (And I feel that because of our strong schedule, playoff chances could still be a HOPE of playoffs with 6-2 in the conference and 7-4 over all. (8-3 with the upset at UNLV, or sweep both Montana schools and EWU, or a road win at Cal Poly) Thanks for the info/thoughts.
As we learned this year, the committee demands 7 D-1 wins for playoff consideration. So ISU either has to pull an upset in one of their FBS games (and I do think a win at UNLv is not impossible) or go 7-1 in league. And yes you have every right to worry about the Cal Poly game -- or really, any league game, especially on the road.

Skippy said:
BengalBannMan said:
As we learned this year, the committee demands 7 D-1 wins for playoff consideration. So ISU either has to pull an upset in one of their FBS games (and I do think a win at UNLv is not impossible) or go 7-1 in league. And yes you have every right to worry about the Cal Poly game -- or really, any league game, especially on the road.

The committee wants 7 wins as we saw in a 12 game season. This year we play 11 and will start the season ranked in the top 25 maybe even the top 15. If ISU wins 6 we could still get in.

at least las vegas is an option now for those people who are crying whining and complaining about dumpy reno.

Donny:

Not sure what you mean. Reno is being considered to host the Big Sky men's and / or women's basketball tournaments for the next three years.

The football game with ISU is a one-shot situation.

PBP

Latest posts

Back