• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

are d1 schools required to sponsor basketball?

Donny:

They aren't required to play any particular sport that I know of. It's up to the individual schools to play whatever they want. Some conferences though require certain sports to be played for membership.

PBP

Your frustration is understandable and it appears Evans may not be the answer. I don't think Evans is a bad coach but to show potential recruits something he needed to make his mark quickly and show steady improvement. The difference between having a job and not in D1 basketball is quite slim; it could come down to recruiting/not recruiting 2-3 players. Kramer showed how it needed to be done.

Historic futility; W-L through the years, last year at the top.

11-18
6-24
9-21
9-20
9-22
15-19
13-19
15-17
15-14
9-20
15-18
16-15

One last thing, yes, I know, Evans received a contract extension before the current year and I don't think Evans should be let go. Still, I have no expectations the program will even reach 0.500 under Evans. Oh well.

Its all about coaching, Kramer has shown this. Evans only chance is to recruit top notch jc scorers for next yr. Sac state has proven its not facilites. Keep Kramer at all costs.

The men's team is 7th in the conference in attendance at 1,511.

Fans will come and watch a defensive team with poor offense if it's winning. They won't come and watch a defensive team - with poor offense - which loses.

I clearly don't know nothing about nothing. I know this staff hasn't recruited well. I know some of our many losses are attributed to bad foul shooting and overall lack of offense. But the team has played hard and deserved to win some close games that I think we lost because of poor defense. Let me offer some facts and some of you can offer me some education. At idaho the Vandals made12 of 23 three point baskets. Montana made 15 threes in Holt. SUU shot 51% in Cedar City. Northern Colorado made12 of 17 threes. North Dakota made 7 of 19. We lost to Weber on an uncontested three and last night SUU made13 of 23 three point shots. The only reason we beat Montana State was that in the second half they missed threes they were making in the first half. The last time ISU won consistently was when we played ball pressure man to man defense and took away passing lanes. Some of you students of this game educate me.

pocatato said:
I clearly don't know nothing about nothing. I know this staff hasn't recruited well. I know some of our many losses are attributed to bad foul shooting and overall lack of offense. But the team has played hard and deserved to win some close games that I think we lost because of poor defense. Let me offer some facts and some of you can offer me some education. At idaho the Vandals made12 of 23 three point baskets. Montana made 15 threes in Holt. SUU shot 51% in Cedar City. Northern Colorado made12 of 17 threes. North Dakota made 7 of 19. We lost to Weber on an uncontested three and last night SUU made13 of 23 three point shots. The only reason we beat Montana State was that in the second half they missed threes they were making in the first half. The last time ISU won consistently was when we played ball pressure man to man defense and took away passing lanes. Some of you students of this game educate me.

UM made 12 three point baskets tonight, going 12-24. Total they shot 59% tonight.

Latest posts

Back