• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Arizona Players Commit to Women's Basketball

SLCBengal

From the Idaho State Journal:

"...Idaho State has received verbal commitments from two of the top Arizona high school prospects from the 2008-2009 class.
(Kaela) Oakes, a 5-foot-5 point guard from Chandler, Ariz., earned Class 5A All-State honorable mention honors from both the Arizona Republic and East Valley Tribune last season. (Morgan) Wohltman, a 5-foot-11 guard/forward from Gilbert, Ariz., helped lead her high school to the 5A state title in the highest classification in Arizona. For those efforts, the East Valley Republic named her the 2008 5A Player of the Year."

ISJ: Arizona Players Commit to ISU

Kaela Oakes Bio

Morgan Wohltman Bio

I hope the women's basketball team can do well this year. The program was devastated by the loss of Doma & Lightfoot last year.
If you ask me, Newlee transfered to the Vandals because he knew that he bled this team dry.

Utah Bengal said:
I hope the women's basketball team can do well this year. The program was devastated by the loss of Doma & Lightfoot last year.
If you ask me, Newlee transfered to the Vandals because he knew that he bled this team dry.

From your post, it almost sounds like you don't see any other talent on the team? The program was devastated by their loss? True Doma and Lightfoot were very big parts of the team and their consistent play will be missed, but it wasn't like they were surrounded by a bunch of high school JV players.

Obviously I'm no D1 head coach, but from what I've seen, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by some of the talent that was hidden on this team last year. Whether that translates into W's will be based on how they adjust to having the freedom on offense to create for themselves and teammates after playing in a heavily scripted offense. If it turns into every person trying to play one on one and prove something, then there's trouble. If they can learn to trust eachother on the court and play as a team, they have the talent to do very good things.

I guess we'll get a look at the answer in about 2 weeks!

It would be amazingly unfair to the new coach and the team to make any judgments before Big Sky play starts. I think the team will struggle at first with the new system, but I think they'll be starting to hit some rhythm by the time league play starts.

votb said:
It would be amazingly unfair to the new coach and the team to make any judgments before Big Sky play starts. I think the team will struggle at first with the new system, but I think they'll be starting to hit some rhythm by the time league play starts.

I would agree with that... If you're talking about the end of my last post, I was referring to the fact that we get to see a new look in two weeks (although I can admit it could have been worded more clearly). I certainly didn't mean to imply that we should judge the coaches and players based on their first game in a new system. A team can practice a new system all they want, but the actual live games are where they make it their own.

Still doesn't change my original point... I think they will surprise a lot of people

I didn't mean for it to sound as though I thought there was no talent remaining from last year's team. I do think it will be difficult for the team to begin anew. Last year's team knew that when the game was on the line, give the ball to Doma. That's not to say that is the only way to play a game. Now they can spread it out some.

There are a lot of good basketball players remaining. I've also heard that the new freshman, Gromme, is a very good player and has a lot of potential.

It's also good to see that Sobolewski's reputation for strong recruiting may be following him to Idaho. Go Lady Bengals!!

Latest posts

Back