• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Athletic Funding

votb

I found this quote in a story about athletic funding from the legislature in the state of Utah:

"The USU alumnus and his colleagues last year gave $1.5 million to the Aggies to recruit athletes but have not moved to order a review tracing that money. This year, Weber sports are set to receive a similar boost to better compete for top recruits."

Here's the full story about U. of Utah athletics being audited after dropping the annual basketball rivalry with BYU (not long after it stopped playing the other Utah schools, too)

http://www.sltrib.com/news/3557683-155/legislature-will-audit-university-of-utah

How would it be if ISU could get an extra $1.5 mil for recruiting? It certainly would free up other athletic dollars to pay athletes full "cost of attendance".

I saw that story, Jerry. It will be interesting to see if Weber uses that money to start paying full cost of attendance stipends. I know that's what USU is doing with their appropriation.

But wasn't it reported in the Journal a few years ago that ISU was getting a recruiting increase?

I specifically remember it being 50 thousand for football, 20 thousand each for men's and women's basketball and 10 thousand each for volleyball and soccer.

PBP

Mark...I asked Jeff specifically about it on a coaches show a few weeks ago and he laid it out how the money had been allocated...it seemed to be allocated fairly, although I can't remember any of the numbers.

Mark...I asked Jeff specifically about it on a coaches show a few weeks ago and he laid it out how the money had been allocated...it seemed to be allocated fairly, although I can't remember any of the numbers.

So then they did get their allocation amounts?, that's good. I'll ask Seton tomorrow on the bus if that has helped at his end.

PBP

Latest posts

Back