• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Balance Basketball - We Can Do This!

protege

Kansas 1st half VS Washington, a ton of screens for EVERYONE, they only have 1 offensive rebound, we CAN DO THIS, IT IS NOT A PERSONNEL ISSUE! ITS A COMMITMENT!

FGM-A 3PM-FTM-A OFF REB AST BLK PF PTS
Cole Aldrich, C 3-6 0-0 2-2 1 5 2 4 1 8
Sherron Collins, G 3-5 1-1 0-0 0 1 2 0 2 7
Tyshawn Taylor, G 2-3 0-0 2-2 0 1 0 1 1 6
Marcus Morris, F 2-3 0-0 0-0 0 0 1 0 2 4
Brady Morningstar, G 1-4 0-2 1-2 0 1 1 0 2 3
BENCH
Markieff Morris, C 2-2 0-0 0-0 0 2 0 2 1 4
Tyrel Reed, G 0-1 0-1 0-0 0 1 0 0 0 0
Quintrell Thomas, F 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 2 0
TOTALS FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST BLK PF PTS
13-24 1-4 5-6 1 11 6 7 11 32

THIS IS BALANCED BASKETBALL, WE CAN DO THIS, YOU DONT HAVE TO BE KANSAS, YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN OFFENSE AND A COMMITMENT TO STICK WITH YOUR PLAYERS!

oh my bad, I knew it didnt jive with the thread, just wasnt sure why you put it there.

have you ever coached or played basketball at this level?

if the defense gives a lane and the players drive, turn it over or miss the pass/shot will they stay in?

will we run screens on inbounds?

will we rebound?

will we block out?

will we stay with 8-9 players?

will we run pick and roll?

will we screen on the perimeter at all?

O'Brien has won 3 national titles at the junior college level. How did he win them?

With defense?

Defense is great.

But you still have to make 1 more basket than the opposing team.

Protege, I like your questions.

If we dont do these things we will lose.

What offense will we run?

Will it be the "AND 1" mix offense of the last 2 games, or will we attempt to emulate say, Kansas vs Washington? The Jayhawks put on a clinic of perimeter screens to create space for their offense!

This is not rocket science.

This is basic basketball.

I hope the coaches will quit blaming the players and instead support them by giving them an offense that the kids can be successful with.

Anyways, hoping for a much-improved performance tonight!

richchri2 said:
bengalcub said:
Boise State 74 Montana State 61 for sake of comparison.

That is just lame. A loss is a loss is a loss.

Sorry, I had to do it... a little pet peeve of mine... don't confuse lost and loss and lose and loose, you loose all credibility. :lol:

O'Brien took credit for the first half run that put ISU down early. He said that he was too bull-headed to get ISU out of the defensive press and zone ineffective early zone. I appreciate that from OB.

The offense looked way better in regulation for the most part, but out of sync without Stucki in overtime. As O'Brien stated, they need to value possessions more as LBSU scored almost 30 points off of turnovers. Busma played very well and ISU was very successful on offense when he touched the ball in the possession. Carson shot poorly from point blank--I believe he will get better.

ISU had it shots to pull away but squandered the opportunity late during regulation and once again during the first overtime. But I am impressed with fighting back from so far back in the first half. It shows character.

I still believe that this team is going to be a very good Big Sky Team when it is all said and done. Most folks will jump ship and criticize (cue the fire O'Brien music) until they are blue in the face, but they will climb back on board by mid January. Until then, I and some others will keep your seats warm for you.

A 3-4 win non-conference schedule is now a very real possibility--keep the faith for a BSC Title run.

I actually thought I saw ISU run some double staggered screens to get guys open.

First time I have seen that this year!

Also, more balanced scoring.

There is potential here, people.

Go Bengals! Beat Washington State!

Latest posts

Back