• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Be thankful for what you got

Skippy

I noticed that Northern Arizona, who is off to an 8-4 start and is 4-0 at home, drew a whopping 447 fans to their win over a decent Air Force team last night. I realize the students are gone and they are playing in the Rolle Activity Center while their dome is being renovated, but 447? Wow, that would be depressing.

Attendance at other Big Sky games included 775 for the Northern Colorado at Louisiana-Monroe game, and 722 for the Montana at Cal-Fullerton game.

All of which makes me grateful for the solid core of Bengal fans who continue to support the program, both football and basketball, despite tough times. Thanks to all the Bengal faithful out there, and Happy Holidays to you and your families!

In NAU's defense. thier temp arena only holds 900 so it was half full, and honestly who would want to watch a game in a junior high gym?

I always whine and complain about attendance at Weber, but after hearing those attendance numbers, and the 900 fans that showed up in Moscow to watch the Vandals take on one of thier older rivals the Griz, I am thankful for what little fans Weber gets. Weber had 5,000 against NAIA Southwest and courtesy of a little instate rivalry Weber had 10,500 against BYU.

after hearing alot of those numbers, I really cant complain.

Wildcat, I guarantee you if Idaho State started off 8-4, there would be a full gym, whether it was "junior high" quality or not. And that's what I love about Bengal fans. It's been a long time since we've had much to celebrate in either major sport, but we have retained a "core group" of fans through thick and thin. Here's hoping the Bengal men can get another win over Western Michigan tonight and generate some momentum before Big Sky play begins next week.

Skippy said:
Wildcat, I guarantee you if Idaho State started off 8-4, there would be a full gym, whether it was "junior high" quality or not. And that's what I love about Bengal fans. It's been a long time since we've had much to celebrate in either major sport, but we have retained a "core group" of fans through thick and thin. Here's hoping the Bengal men can get another win over Western Michigan tonight and generate some momentum before Big Sky play begins next week.

I hear alot that NAU is sadly losing alot of fan interest, I really dont understand why, but its really sad to hear. NAU has put some really good teams into the fray and they arent getting any love from the locals. I did hear though that NAU has plans on building a new arena for basketball only, whether or not it'll go through we will see, that might help a little.

I've been to Holt when the Bengals had some great teams both in football and in hoops, and the Bengal fans always came out in droves, ISU fans always travel to Ogden well, I love seeing all the orange in Stewart and the Dee. Its hard to go through times like the ones the Bengals are going through now, Even though we are rivals, I hate seeing quality programs suffer like this, I remember when Weber was considering dropping thier football program, and I would hate to see it happen to any of our Big Sky comrades.

ISU has the toughest OOC schedule year in and year out in hoops, so you can never get a clear indication of how good the team is or isnt until conf starts, my prediction will be ISU will be in the heat of the fray to decide the Big Sky champ

Latest posts

Back