• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Believe it or not!

votb

Can you remember when?

Believe it or not, the Idaho State University football program is now getting votes in the Top 25 Poll from The Sports Network......... http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/sports-network

NAU and Cal-Poly are unranked but did get more votes than ISU. EWU is still #2, Montana stays at #7 and Montana State drops to #10 from 9 last week.

The Coaches poll will come out later today.

Even getting votes is noteworthy!

GO BENGALS!

Yes it is. I have a vote in that poll and I thought about voting for the Bengals, but I decided to hold out to see how they do against UNC. If ISU wins this weekend, you can bet they will get a vote from me.

Congratulations on the good year so far. When you hired Kramer, I figured he'd get it turned around for you if you had a little patience. What's it been now, 4 years? Even if you don't win out, the Bengals have made great progress.

Good luck on all but your game against the Bobcats.

It's great to see ISU has received votes and the acknowledgement that the program has improved and is improving.

The FCS polls always seem a little illegitimate to me, though. This week Northern Iowa is still in the poll, even with a 3-4 record. They were in last week with a .500 record. Sam Houston State was in last week with a .500 record which included a loss to a D2 school. It's one thing to be in a poll after week 1 with a 0-1 record, but it's another to be in after 7 weeks with a losing record.

sasquatch said:
It's great to see ISU has received votes and the acknowledgement that the program has improved and is improving.

The FCS polls always seem a little illegitimate to me, though. This week Northern Iowa is still in the poll, even with a 3-4 record. They were in last week with a .500 record. Sam Houston State was in last week with a .500 record which included a loss to a D2 school. It's one thing to be in a poll after week 1 with a 0-1 record, but it's another to be in after 7 weeks with a losing record.

The polls are hardly perfect, but as a voter, I can tell you it's not uncommon to have teams with losing records in the polls at this stage of the season because of the schedules they play. Northern Iowa, for example, has two loses to FBS teams, which voters tend to discount. As the season goes on, most teams with losing records will sink out of consideration, but it's still not unusual to have a team with a 6-6 or 7-5 record in the final polls, depending on strength of schedule.

After seeing both Idaho State and UNC in person, I'd strongly favor Idaho State in this one. You'll score a lot, and UNC will stop themselves enough for you to get the win.

letuknow said:
Who is giving EWU two #1 votes? They are clearly not the same team without Vernon Adams.

No doubt. It's likely just a sign of respect. Eastern hasn't really played a great game on both sides of the ball all year.

NCU has split with ISU over the last 4 years, each team winning their home games. Until ISU wins a game on the road the advantage has to go to NCU even though ISU has better statistics going into the game. Hope the Bengals are flying as that is a 9 hour bus drive one way. If the Bengals can win at NCU than they will move into the TOP 5.

Latest posts

Back